Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Advice to become stay at home mom.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi all. I need some advice. i am wantting to become a stay at home mom. I just had my son last monday and loving every minute. I have an 8 year old and a 3 year old at home as well. all boys. i wasworknig for a company that i loved but not making very much $. i went out on disability oct 1st for almost delivering my son early.

i just delivered last week and am contemplating going back. daycare for allo 3 boys where i live is at minimm 2200. i dont even bring that home a month. my husband is working so we r trying to figure out if we can do it soley on one income. also if i do stsay home when, and how to tell work.

any advice?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Replies (21-21):
codfish
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
This doesn't work for everyone but it has for my family. Would you be willing to work 3 or so nights or weekends while your hubby is with the kids? If so get a job waitressing or delivering pizzas. Restaurants are used to being flexible and most of the staff is part-time. The money per hour averages out a lot higher than other part-time jobs, you'll get a break from the kids, and you'll make some "fill in the budget" money. Lots of luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN