Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Welcome to Mom to Mom! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Mom to Mom group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Mom to Mom!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (1061-1070):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hi Laura, Welcome to the group!

Quoting Laura_B_2:

Hi I'm Laura. I'm a mom of two boys 14 years old and 8 years old. 

happymommaof4
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM

OK my laundry soap is as fallows: 1 box of borax ( 4lbs)

1 box of washing soda 55 oz(yellow box)

1 bottle of purex crystals

3 bars of fels-naptha soap ( grated )

After grating bars of soap run though your mixer, it will turn into a power, then mix everything a little at a time to ensure everything is equally mixed. Put soap mix in an air tight container, I use an old Christmas popcorn tin. Use 1 taplespoon for small load and  2 tablesppons for large loads. I love this laundry soap and it saves us a lot of money. I do about 4 loads a day.

Dish washer soap

1 cup Borax

1 cup washing soda (yellow box)

1/4 cup of sea salt

2 packets of kool-aid lemonade

Mix together and use 1 tablespoon per load

I also make my own carpet powder

2 cups baking soda

4 tablespoons of Borax ( kills germs)

several drops of essential oil ( any sent) You can use cinnamon instead, that will keep the flea away and ants too ....

mix and put in a chesse shaker ( dollar tree)

shake on carpet and sit for 15 min and vacuum it up.

I have been doing all of these for over a year now, and can't see myself doing it anyother way =) I have more tips and tricks too.....

Quoting goddess99:

Welcome! Feel free to share your tips with us.

Quoting happymommaof4:

OK so I'm new to this....I am a mother of 4 kids. 1 boy 11 yrs and 3 girls 10,6,3, We live in Cali and I am a stay at home mom . My main goal is to raise happy healthy children with a good sense of direction. I want to send out productive people in the world not lazy ones =) My other goal is to save money! I make my own laundry and dish washer soap, I am thrifty with clothing and cook at home every night. Rare party occasions or a date night excluded. I coupon as best I can and only buy on sale.  So that's me in a nut shell I guess , lmbo =)

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I used to make my own laundry soap but never tried anything else, Thanks for sharing.

Quoting happymommaof4:

OK my laundry soap is as fallows: 1 box of borax ( 4lbs)

1 box of washing soda 55 oz(yellow box)

1 bottle of purex crystals

3 bars of fels-naptha soap ( grated )

After grating bars of soap run though your mixer, it will turn into a power, then mix everything a little at a time to ensure everything is equally mixed. Put soap mix in an air tight container, I use an old Christmas popcorn tin. Use 1 taplespoon for small load and  2 tablesppons for large loads. I love this laundry soap and it saves us a lot of money. I do about 4 loads a day.

Dish washer soap

1 cup Borax

1 cup washing soda (yellow box)

1/4 cup of sea salt

2 packets of kool-aid lemonade

Mix together and use 1 tablespoon per load

I also make my own carpet powder

2 cups baking soda

4 tablespoons of Borax ( kills germs)

several drops of essential oil ( any sent) You can use cinnamon instead, that will keep the flea away and ants too ....

mix and put in a chesse shaker ( dollar tree)

shake on carpet and sit for 15 min and vacuum it up.

I have been doing all of these for over a year now, and can't see myself doing it anyother way =) I have more tips and tricks too.....

Quoting goddess99:

Welcome! Feel free to share your tips with us.

Quoting happymommaof4:

OK so I'm new to this....I am a mother of 4 kids. 1 boy 11 yrs and 3 girls 10,6,3, We live in Cali and I am a stay at home mom . My main goal is to raise happy healthy children with a good sense of direction. I want to send out productive people in the world not lazy ones =) My other goal is to save money! I make my own laundry and dish washer soap, I am thrifty with clothing and cook at home every night. Rare party occasions or a date night excluded. I coupon as best I can and only buy on sale.  So that's me in a nut shell I guess , lmbo =)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Hi. Welcome to the group.

Quoting 20112012:

Hey every one i am 24yrs old, SAHM of 2DDs one is 20 months the other one is 6 months we live in Illinois

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Just stopping over to say hello!!! I'm a mother of 2 and 1 one grandchild on the way!! Nice to be here

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Hi Mary. Welcome to the group.

Quoting MaryEbony73:

Morning Everyone,

My name is Mary and I'm a mama of four (three of which are grownups, the oldest is 22 yr old), but my 17 year old and I are about to start our last summer together and then her senor year start this fall. Due to this, I know have tons of time on my hand on the other hand I do have my boyfriend John in my life now! Busy, sad, excited times now! Child #3, Carmyn, just graduated yesterday. It's happening, the empty nest! Yikes...

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting happymommaof4:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Hi Laura. Welcome to the group.

Quoting Laura_B_2:

Hi I'm Laura. I'm a mom of two boys 14 years old and 8 years old. 

ambernatedylan
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone,
My name is Amber and I am a single mom. I have 2 boys Nathan is 13 and Dylan is 11. Nathan is a teen going throw teen stuff and gets bullied a lot for being a cheerleader and gymnast and he loves gymnastics and wants to be like his coach and own a gym one day. So right now he is trying to raise money so he can join the boys team. Dylan is a very smart kid but has a hard time because he is autistic. But he loves football and wrestling he does play but has some troubles because some coaches don't understand him. They are both talented kids in there own way and I am a very proud mom.
ambernatedylan
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone,
My name is Amber and I am a single mom. I have 2 boys Nathan is 13 and Dylan is 11. Nathan is a teen going throw teen stuff and gets bullied a lot for being a cheerleader and gymnast and he loves gymnastics and wants to be like his coach and own a gym one day. So right now he is trying to raise money so he can join the boys team. Dylan is a very smart kid but has a hard time because he is autistic. But he loves football and wrestling he does play but has some troubles because some coaches don't understand him. They are both talented kids in there own way and I am a very proud mom.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)