Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Welcome to Mom to Mom! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Mom to Mom group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Mom to Mom!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (271-280):
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hi Cat, welcome.

Quoting Supergirl42:

Hi. My name is Catherine (Cat for short) I'ma mother of 3 ages 12, 7, and 5 and have been married for 6 yrs. SO excited to meet other moms, get advice, give what i can and hopefully make friends!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Hi and congrats on your baby.

Quoting mamma2willow:

Hi im a new mom anyone else my daughter is 5 weeks old

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Welcome from another mom of 3.

Quoting KET061607:

Hello,  Karen, mom of 3 here!

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Welcome! I would just let her keep the pacifier until she is ready to give it up on her own. It's not hurting her. When I was a FTM, I asked the same question and was told to try cutting the tip off. I did and my son ended up having seizures and his neurologist thinks the seizures were from sleep deprivation from not being able to get a suction to suck on his paci through the night. He turns 10 next month and never had any more seizures after we gave him a whole paci back.

As for potty training, same thing. It's way easier and healthier if you just let them train on their own. She s still young even if the mommy competitors would have you believe otherwise. Children potty trained before age 3 are more likely to develop health problems because what happens is they develop a chronic problem of holding their pee b/c they want to keep playing. This causes changes in the bladder that lead to UTIs, constipation and worse. If trained after turning 3, they are far less likely to hold it so much.

Quoting poma111985:

Hello!!! 

My name is Jessica, and I am a stay at home mom of a wonderful and crazy 2 year old girl. Her name is Kaydence and she loves to sing and dance and pretend and read, color, or just chase our kitten around.. She definitely keeps us all very busy lol 

I work from home as an independent Distributor for It Works and aboslutely LOVE my job! Being able to make great money and stay home and play all day with Kaydence has been the best decision I have ever made! 

We are currently trying to have baby #2, as well as start looking for a new house. we currently rent and would love to be able to own our own house and stay somewhere permantly before Kaydence gets into school. 

Some issues we have been having is potty training, and removing the pacifier for good. She only takes the pacifier when she goes to sleep, but she will not go to sleep without it. Other than just taking it away, I am looking for some ideas on how to get rid of it. As far as the potty training, she knows what it is, she knows when she goes, she says she wants to go potty, but as soon as I get her undressed and sit her down she starts screaming no! Then we get her dressed and she screams she wants to go potty. I dont want to tell her no you cant because that wont get her to go but I spend half the day fighting with her on and off, on and off! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Welcome, I love big families!

Quoting tatas97:

hello, my name is Tara ,I from maine. I am mami of 9 in all .I love my kids all same . 4 girls and 5 sons 2 grand babies and 1 on way. yes I have big family . My man at 45 has 7 and I  at 33have my two girls but I love all my kids. god bless me with a great gift. I injoy cook,work for home , be with my family . 

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Welcome Teresa.

Quoting MOMTK2000:

HI!my name is teresa kohl. im married for almost 25yrs and a sahm. i have 1 dd who is almost a teenager 13 yrs old in june. her name is AMANDA. im a brand new member. i live in illinois in the town of mokena. lived in illnois all my life. i have 2 dogs and a few cats, love animals. look forward to this group.

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Welcome!

Quoting MOMTK2000:

HI!my name is teresa kohl. im married for almost 25yrs and a sahm. i have 1 dd who is almost a teenager 13 yrs old in june. her name is AMANDA. im a brand new member. i live in illinois in the town of mokena. lived in illnois all my life. i have 2 dogs and a few cats, love animals. look forward to this group.

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Hi Stephanie, welcome.

Quoting slwilocki:

Hi everyone, I'm Stephanie and am new to this group! Hope you all are having a wonderful day so far! 

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Hi and welcome!

Quoting mommaleela:

Hey, all!  I am a South Carolina native who has been recently transplanted to the mountains of Arkansas after getting used to the big city of Atlanta.  Fish back in home like waters lol.  I am a SAHM to two year old Irish twins that are 10 months apart , am married to the most amazing man ever, and am looking forward to one day sleeping again;-)  I'm looking forward to getting to know yall and benefitting from the experiences of more experienced moms and hopefully making some new friends.

adiv511
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello,

prisca is my name and i would like to get to know all fo you.

thank you

P

XXX

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)