Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mommas who did it, how do I do it? UPDATE!!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 17 Replies

I've had the after baby belly for 6 almost 7 years now.  i've decided to get rid of it this year, i did lose weight and an inch, but i lost it right under my boobs, i want the baby belly gone,  I know its possible, i see it all the time, i just wanna know how.  How did you mommas do it?

So i've been doing some excersizes every day (nothing intense)  my boobs are smaller yay!  i think i'm down to a C, and the area below my boobs are looking a little more fit.  I haven't been drinking sodas anymore (except when i go out to eat),  i feel better, i have a little more energy (except today, i'm sick again), i went and bought a few tank tops for this summer and i can't wait for the temperature to at least get above 0 to wear them.  Thanks for the advice ladies, i'm so gonna do some of this.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I've had mine for 10 years. I'd love to see what some moms have to say.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
O wow

Quoting goddess99:

I've had mine for 10 years. I'd love to see what some moms have to say.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I would love to know too, although mine is more of a hysterectomy/menopause belly.

FitNoelle
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Hi Hailey'sMom!

I can totally relate.  After my 3rd, I could NOT lose the baby belly.  It was very frustrating.   Diet is really 70% of it, lots of cardio and ab work.  Going to the gym was not an option for me, so I got some home dvd's and finally with P90X and correcting my diet it came off 3 years post pregnancy.  It totally inspired me and I have never felt better.  I actually loved it so much I went and got my P90X Certification and now I have fitclubs for other moms in my area!  Hope that helps.  Feel free to ask me any questions!  

EskimoKisses4Me
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Try the Jillian Michaels (from Biggest Loser) 30 Day Shred! It has 3 levels and each one gets a little harder each 30 days. It is worth it though. You just have to stick to it, the work out is only 20 to 30 minutes long. You're going to want a healthy dieat and you might want to get a work out buddy! It's really nice to have someone there with you, cheering you on when you feel like giving up.

For me, it wasn't just about the belly. I hated my body, everything from my chubby face down to my chubby toes. I felt disgusting! Then my cousin and I started doing the 30 Day Shred. The first sign that I was losing weight was in my face and hands, my rings kept turning or falling off. Then it was my arms, legs and belly, the work out tones everything up! We had plans to go to Vegas that summer and when we were finally by the pool, I wore my swimsuit with pride! When it was all said and done, my clothes fit better, I looked better and I felt so much better about myself! :)

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Emiliush
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I just had my baby 3 weeks ago- so no gym yet.. but in three weeks im hitting the gym!!!

but I think I look okay. I have a belly right bellow the belly button, and a lot of deep red stretch marks- I use cocoa butter- but I don't see a change :(

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM
3 1/2 yrs after having my son I have a small baby belly. Most of it is extra skin. Bleh. I was able to lose 79lbs. I went from a 18 to 20 to a 6 or 8 in jeans. I feel so much better about myself. Now to lay off the pizza for this pregnancy. That will be the biggest test of all. Lol. Good luck, its hard, but it can be done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreambig4u2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi there... Well I think I can add a little advice.  I am 40 years old.  3 beautiful healthy children.. One is college, one in high school, one in junior high... I have to tell ya honey... 

This is a DIET.... Dumb, Idea, Everybody, Tried!!!!  Yep, yep yep!!!  They don't work.  This is what I found.... DON'T sweat the number on a scale.. Don't sweat inches... INSTEAD... focus on what is enjoyable, what YOU want to do with the blessing each day that God gave you... I am telling ya.. go for a walk.. just be outside or inside doing something You want to do.. When you don't think about it too much... your stress level will be reduced, you will learn to listen to your body and eat what you want, when you want... I got caught up in all the other stuff as a young mother... As I got older... I learned this.  I have done a marathon and 3 half marathons within the last 2 years.  I plan on doing 5 half marathons... THE LAST half marathon.. I WALKED... yep, the whole thing... AND, guess what.. I still got the sweatshirt... lol... I can guarantee you... you are more worried than anyone else... so, enjoy your blessing.  from a Mom who has... Been there.. Done that.... you can email me directly... good luck

dreambig4u2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM

BUMP!

Brandyaz2002
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Tr y taking up belly dancing... Don't laugh trust me you use your stomach muscles and it is quite the work out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN