Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

finding new moms to hang out with

Posted by   + Show Post
Just wanted to know if you were to meet other moms to hang out with and what not..would their parenting come into play as to whether or not you two would become friends? Does it matter to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
It definitely matters to me. If they are abusive, neglectful, on drugs or an alcoholic, then I definitely wouldn't bother with them honestly.
aprilz1225
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

other side of reading near lancaster. lol

Quoting jyofray:

Where? Im near Scranton

Quoting aprilz1225:

lol i live in pa..

Quoting jyofray:

I wish it were that simple. Are you near me? Lol

Quoting aprilz1225:

I don't think it matters we could learn from each other. sometimes mom's are looking for a place to get away and i think ( for me) it what other things we have in common other than parenting. More twards woman things.

jyofray
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Uhg* So far! lol

my4loves4
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, ive had this problem since my first child, I'll be personal friends with them but i have no "mommy friends" I just have a hard time agreeing with their parenting skills, Everyone i meet seems to do some kind of drug, hits there kids, or just plain lets them do whatever they want. And its all things i prefer to not have around my family.

Gaelic.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Ah no I wouldn't say so I'm sure were all great mammies in our own ways
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Quoting goddess99:

If she was an awful mom then yes I wouldn't be able to be friends with her.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM

agreed

Quoting aprilz1225:

I don't think it matters we could learn from each other. sometimes mom's are looking for a place to get away and i think ( for me) it what other things we have in common other than parenting. More twards woman things.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Someone's parenting doesn't come into play as far as whether we would become friends.  I have friends of all different parenting styles.  That said, it might come into play as far as how good of friends we become.  Most people prefer to hang out with those who are like-minded.  As long as we have plenty of other things in common, we can become great friends despite our parenting differences.  But because parenting is such a big part of my life right now, I tend to become close with my friends who parent similarly.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting goddess99:

If she was an awful mom then yes I wouldn't be able to be friends with her.

^good point!

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM

The other thing is that I don't like my kids around other kids when they are being spanked or shamed.  It's just not an influence I want on my boys.  So if a mother does those things around us, I'd probably not want to hang out with her.  I may not think she is a "bad mom" but I still don't want the exposure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN