Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My 10 yr old dd has a bad cold and I'm thinking about putting Vicks on the bottom of her feet but I'm not sure what this is supposed to do. Does it help with a runny nose, cough, ...???  I've read about it several times but it's just that parents do it, not why they do it.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (41-47):
Shaybay218
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I rubbed a little bit on my daughters chest and it helped her...never tried feet but i will next!

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Delsym...if I spelled it right it's in an orange box for children works wonders too!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I know what you're talking about. We have that. It does work well.

Quoting Shaybay218:

Delsym...if I spelled it right it's in an orange box for children works wonders too!

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It's supposed to help with the cough, especially if she would be too sensitive to the smell on her chest or under her nose.
bertie4
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard of putting Vicks on the feet but never tried it. I have tried the chest though, and it helps. I have heard if you don't wash it off before going out, the person can get pneumonia.

madwifa
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

me too never heard of putting it on feet. I would have to do it to me first to see how it felt.

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if it does anything, but I do it lol. I figured it's worth a shot, and it couldn't hurt. I know rosemary oil (one of the ingredients in baby vicks) can be used on muscles to increase bloodflow. Other than that, at least it's a good moisturizer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN