Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Long Did Your First Labor Last?

Posted by   + Show Post

How long was it from the time you knew you were in labor to the time your baby was out? and how long did you push for?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM
40 hours (contractions 5 minutes or less apart). 6 hours pushing. Ended in a c-section.
doulala
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Are you looking to hear about spontaneous labors?
    Mine was induced so not normal.

dsebastian23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM

3 hours 42 minutes. I literally pulled the turkey out of the oven and felt a big contraction and new I was in labor.

Mommy4000
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:24 AM

12 hours, although I didn't really know I was in labor until a couple hours before he was born. I honestly thought it had to be something else, but from the time the pain started until he was born was about 12 hours. I pushed 3 times over a few minutes, the same with my second.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:25 AM
My 1st was an induction. Labor started at about 8 am and he was born a little after 8 pm. I pushed for an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnt1014
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:28 AM
My first was 21 hours. I pushed for 2 and a half hours and ended up with 47 stitches.

My second and third were both inductions.

2nd was 18 hours pushed for about 45 minutes.

3rd was 14 and a half hours pushed for 17 minutes. If you include the first failed induction that had me having back to back contractions with no cervical change then it was a lot longer lol.. I labored for 3 and a half days before I signed myself out since baby wasn't in any distress. He was born 3 weeks later at 42 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Induced - about 4 hours. I pushed for just a few minutes, i think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stressedmama24
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
12hrs from the very first contraction to birth. I pushed for 20 minutes. It was 7 pushes total.
diana1481
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM
28.5 hours and then had an emergency c-section.
Cooperfamily
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM
My son was 12 hrs I was young and thought he was just moving around and playing every 15 min lol joke was on me an hr later I was in sooo much pain lol...with my daughter I was induced and was in labor for 6 hrs told nurse I felt pressure she said that she just checked me 10 sec ago I yelled check again and she did and then said don't push I have to run and get the dr lol my baby girl was ready lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN