Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Long Did Your First Labor Last?

Posted by   + Show Post

How long was it from the time you knew you were in labor to the time your baby was out? and how long did you push for?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (91-100):
AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I was induced on a Friday, had him on a Tuesday, and I pushed for 12 minutes.

supermomz25
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

my first labor was 12 hours and I think that I pushed for an hour or so. but I can't remember for sure.

juniebug11
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
About 21 hours at the hospital , if you count when I went into labor at home it was a good 24 - 25 hours. I pushed for 20 mins .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xXVICKYXx
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
About 48 hours but I had no idea I was in labor I was only 26 weeks pregnant. This time around I went full term and was in labor for 26 hours ending in a c- section.
BazingaMama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM

With my first pregnancy, I was in labor for 13 hours and I pushed twice before the doctor told me to stop and he went a got the vaginal vacuum and then I pushed and they pulled her out.

With my second pregnancy with my twins, I was in labor for 6 hours and the nurse had me to do a test push and my first twin popped her head out so the nurse yelled at me to stop pushing and ran out the room to get the doctor who was luckily in the hallway right outside my door.

Kaya529
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
13 hours but felt like longer cause I started just as I was about to go to sleep so I started out exhausted.
mrs.Martinez201
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1.5 hours 3 pushes.... god i had it easy with her
IAmE7
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I was in labor start to finish six maybe seven hours! It was a natural home birth...it was awesome. Looking forward to my second home birth to go s bit faster in a few weeks!
ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM

14 hours of labor, 33 minutes of pushing. My second was strange. I was in prodromal labor for 5 days before I finally got induced. Active labor lasted 2 hours and I pushed for 20 minutes.

swthrt737
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
With Dd i was induced for a day and i went in labour for an hr i.e 12-1pm afternoon and pushed in less than 15mins.
She just bounced out and fell on the floor and fainted and was put on oxygen from that moment till 7pm when we were transfered to SCU in another hospital so she's my miracle baby and i love her more each day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN