Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

okay so here is a question: would u count sex or any sexual activities away to burn calories?

or would u not even think bout as a way of exercise all.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
virgochild79
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Uh yea. Sex burns calories unless you're one of those boring lay on your back girls. If you get up there on top, you're going to burn calories. The man is definitely burning them if he's doing all the work. I thought everyone knew that? 

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really count it as excerise but it does burn calories. 

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

it is a proven fact that you burn more calories by having sex than you do with any other exercise one person can do.

such as, riding a bike.

here's an article on it

click here

.dreamcatcher.
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM
P90X

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

wow... what kind of exercise do you do? I have fun working out! Yikes.... 

Quoting .dreamcatcher.:

I don't think of it as exercise. Sex is fun exercise is not. But they say its the best kinda exercise.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
1 mom liked this

No.

You have to have your heart rate elevated for 20-30 minutes to count it as exercise.  And, your heart rate should be increased to at least a zone 2.  For me, that is 151 beats per minute.

I am not having aerobic sex for 20-30 mins during which my heart rate is beating so fast that I might as well be running.

So, I would not count that as exercise.  Sure, you are burning calories, but your body burns calories all day long.  I would just include those calories as part of my normal daily activity, not exercise calories.

vinalex0581

while i was with my ex, (for a year), we had sex literally everday (sometimes 3 times a day) and i lost 40 lbs, just with sex alone.

Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM

All physical activity can count as exercise.

BabyFruit Ticker
ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM

It does burn calories but no I don't count it as exersise for the day just as a bonus way to burn some extra calories.

Kaya529
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Only if your not a dead fish
Kaya529
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this
You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

You have to have your heart rate elevated for 20-30 minutes to count it as exercise.  And, your heart rate should be increased to at least a zone 2.  For me, that is 151 beats per minute.

I am not having aerobic sex for 20-30 mins during which my heart rate is beating so fast that I might as well be running.

So, I would not count that as exercise.  Sure, you are burning calories, but your body burns calories all day long.  I would just include those calories as part of my normal daily activity, not exercise calories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN