Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

okay so here is a question: would u count sex or any sexual activities away to burn calories?

or would u not even think bout as a way of exercise all.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (61-70):
Kaya529
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Becauae smart people know that there is no such thing as right or wrong when it comes to sex, just what you like and don't like. But it was my fault for assuming she would know that.

Quoting vinalex0581:

how was she suppose to know you were joking?

you made no indication that you were

Quoting Kaya529:

There is this thing called a sense of humor. You should try getting one.

Quoting Threes.Company:

eye rollingI think of sex as a relaxing experience.  It doesn't have to be rigorous and rapidly-paced to be "right".

Quoting Kaya529:

You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

You have to have your heart rate elevated for 20-30 minutes to count it as exercise.  And, your heart rate should be increased to at least a zone 2.  For me, that is 151 beats per minute.

I am not having aerobic sex for 20-30 mins during which my heart rate is beating so fast that I might as well be running.

So, I would not count that as exercise.  Sure, you are burning calories, but your body burns calories all day long.  I would just include those calories as part of my normal daily activity, not exercise calories.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I say it is....you get your heart rate up and sweat....not sure if its 30minutes or longer everytime tho to REALLY count but its fun to try :)

HotMomma2622
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell yeah the best exercise ever. Like some damn bunnies. Lmao
vinalex0581
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

idk........what i got out of it is you were telling her that she was exercising wrong

not having sex wrong.

maybe that's the way to read it, too?

Quoting Kaya529:

Becauae smart people know that there is no such thing as right or wrong when it comes to sex, just what you like and don't like. But it was my fault for assuming she would know that.

Quoting vinalex0581:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting Threes.Company:

eye rollingI think of sex as a relaxing experience.  It doesn't have to be rigorous and rapidly-paced to be "right".

Quoting Kaya529:

You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

You have to have your heart rate elevated for 20-30 minutes to count it as exercise.  And, your heart rate should be increased to at least a zone 2.  For me, that is 151 beats per minute.

I am not having aerobic sex for 20-30 mins during which my heart rate is beating so fast that I might as well be running.

So, I would not count that as exercise.  Sure, you are burning calories, but your body burns calories all day long.  I would just include those calories as part of my normal daily activity, not exercise calories.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

It can be exercise and if so it's my favorite form ; ) lol

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My lose it app says you should lol!

Kaya529
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I see where your coming from, hadn't thought about it that way.

Quoting vinalex0581:

idk........what i got out of it is you were telling her that she was exercising wrong

not having sex wrong.

maybe that's the way to read it, too?

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting vinalex0581:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting Kaya529:

You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I said nothing about being on top.

Quoting vinalex0581:

not true.

with my ex, he didn't allow me on top but i still burned caleries and lost 40lbs.

Quoting Basherte:

sex is exercise, definitely. As long as you are active during sex. If you just lay there then you really aren't burning that many calories. 

Scorpiomom78
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Sexercise!! Love it! Lol :) Like the other ladies have said my lose it app has it listed as an exercise. Doesn't have you burning many calories but I still say yes! :) 

MsRkg
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Depends on how "vigorous" you are. It can be a great cardio workout lol. =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN