Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

okay so here is a question: would u count sex or any sexual activities away to burn calories?

or would u not even think bout as a way of exercise all.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (71-80):
mrssummerlin
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I don't think of it as exercise, but it does burn calories.

I know DH and I went at it one day when I was wearing my bodybugg and it said I burned like 500 cal. not a bad workout by any means. Hahahahah!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
potgieter
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM

HELL YES!!! It burns ALOT of calories.. def my favorite way to get some exercise! 

Ultra_
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Yes, it burns calories. I don't know about exercise. Even sleeping burns calories.

ZsMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Well it does burn calories and could be considered a cardio work out as long as you actively participate. I guess it would be based on frequency as to whether one "could" consider it part of a work out program.

tanishagreene
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

not really

wulfeyes05
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Thirty minutes of sex burns 85 calories or more. It may not sound like much, but it adds up: 42 half-hour sessions will burn 3,570 calories, more than enough to lose a pound. Doubling up, you could drop that pound in 21 hour-long sessions.

"Sex is a great mode of exercise," says Patti Britton, PhD, a Los Angeles sexologist and president of the American Association of Sexuality Educators and Therapists. It takes work, from both a physical and psychological perspective, to do it well, she says.

I myself prefer to do other forms of exercise as well as have sex.
dommad2
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Only if you're doing it right
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

My man prefers missionary, so I pretty much just lay there and go, "Oh, baby. Yes! Yes!"

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM

if your having a good romp in the hay you'd be knockin off a good bit of calaries. i count it but i would not rely on it as my only form of exercise. if i did it long enoug hand rough enough on a daily basis i may count it as my cardio though-lol.

MomOwl
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM

DH counts it as exersize... I don't though. Just doesn't seem like enough for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN