Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex-inlaws... is it ok

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

I can tell my fiance gets irritated if i tell him im going to hang out with my ex-sister in-laws. so my question is...is it ok to hang out with ex-inlaws? I dont have any family besides my mom and ive been part of their family for almost  10 years. I dont know how to make him understand. Am i wrong for still keeping in contact with them and spending time with them?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
It's not wrong at all. My parents got divorced when I was maybe 2? I'm 23 now. They still talk, or will go to dinner if us kids go. My grandparents on my moms side were my dads neighbors for ...forever. so they saw my dad more than my mom usually. Divorce doesn't have to be ugly! You chose divorce because you didn't want to be together, doesn't mean you can't be civil or even friends. People make it so ugly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I don't think anything is wrong with it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Idk. I can see why he's irritated but I can see that they are your friends. I think if it going to affect your current relationship I might stop hanging out with them.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Hope things work out...

artistmom27
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I agree. You need to sit with your DF and explain to him the nature of the relationship with the ex inlaws, but you have to make the decision to which is more important. 

Quoting goddess99:

Idk. I can see why he's irritated but I can see that they are your friends. I think if it going to affect your current relationship I might stop hanging out with them.

eoewan
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Another suggestion is to have your ex SILs and you getting together with your families. This would include your dh and children and theirs. Your dh might feel threatened that you sit around talking about your ex. Let your dh know by having a family get together that that isn't the case.

zetajen
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

his irritation is unwarrented, imo. But that is still his feeling that you need to respect. I would just ask him how big of a deal it is to him and if there is a way to help him feel comforatble with your friendship with this woman who just so happens to be related to your ex.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

No your not wrong they are still your friends

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all. Just explain to him like you explained to us. Reassure him that your not with your ex. Which you shouldn't be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)