Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My son's first time in daycare

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm finally able to go back to school and start this week. My son is 2 and will be attending a daycare for 3 days a week while the other two days with my MIL. I need some advice on how to cope with leaving him there. I seriously feel he will be ok with it all and just walk off from me and not cry or whine. I'm scared ill be so hurt from it that ill break down. I've been a SAHM since he was born. I use to work when he was a few months but only for 4 hours a day. I'm going to be gone from him from 7-4 almost everyday except Friday. I'm started to freak out. He's my baby. I want to teach him everything but I know going back to school now is the best for me. 

Just need some words of encouragement from mothers who've been in this situation. Thanks ladies. 

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure he'll be fine and have so much fun. Don't let him see you cry =) Good luck with school.

Dcn2010
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM

BUMP!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM

you'll get used to it as you go. it was hard for me, too, to leave dd in daycare when i first had her and i had to go to school. and then again when i got divorced. i was a SAHM, as well, for the first few years of her life ( save when i went to finish high school ) and up until i got divorced when she was 4. but just trust me, take a few deep breaths and relax. i'm sure he will have tons of fun at daycare! i know the feeling of not wanting someone else to 'raise' your child. it is really tough to get over, but you will...just give it time. *HUGS*

acirpr
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:16 AM

my son went into daycare a 15 months. To his day (3 years old)  he will occassioally be clingy and cry when we drop him off.  Our routine is to make sure we go 10 minutes early to help him into his classroom, read a book, then the teachers let him wave/watch us out the window for the transition.  Within minutes, they report he is just fine!  Yes, the guilt will always be there.  It's human nature.  It all worksout and is best for him to make new friends.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hugs...just give yourself time...my youngest went to K5 this year and I still miss that time....hope everything will work out for you.

Dcn2010
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Thanks ladies! He did really well. I was the one crying as soon as I left lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM

lol yep that's usually how it goes. Glad he did well =)

Quoting Dcn2010:

Thanks ladies! He did really well. I was the one crying as soon as I left lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)