Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
We all have our reasons why we pick our children's names. So why did you choose the name you chose and what does it mean? Middle name too if applicable.

My son's name is Donovan Alexander.

Donovan = Celtic/Irish meaning "Dark warrior" or "Dark haired chieftain"
Alexander = Greek "Warrior" or Protector of mankind"

I chose the name Donovan because I met a guy named Donovan several years ago and I fell in love with his name, not him though. I chose Alexander because it is a strong name and I wanted a name that meant "warrior." Which ironically both do. I got to pick the name for a boy and my husband got to pick a name for a girl. Which is a good thing we had a boy, he didn't come up with a name, but he gets to chose our next child's name boy or girl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Olivia is becoming popular I have noticed. A couple that we are friends with, their daughter's name is Samantha Olivia. The dad wanted Olivia Samantha, but mama made the final decision of order.

Quoting Pammi86:

We liked Olivia and her middle name is Joyce which is mine which came from my aunt who passed as a child.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My first son is named after his father. Thee other two I just picked names I like. Except for their middle names. My daughter has my moms middle name and my middle son has my brothers middle name.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I chose Tyler Name i just liked it and his middle wayne is after his dad n Jacob i just liked too and Lee Tyler liked it.
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son's names are for his grandfather's. Edwin Oscar
For my youngest son we just liked the first name and his middle name is his maternal grandmother's maiden name. Evan Holt

marron1234
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I did the same with my son after a met a man that had good character and a good name. I am due with my second child and I let my son choose the name to make it extra special :)

Sammi20
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We chose Natalie because out of the MILLION I wrote down... it is the Only one DH agreed with and loved. lol. I added Paige as her middle name because I used to have a teacher with a daughter thats first name was paige (In elementary school) and loved it. I remembered it all these years and decided it was perfect. Natalie Paige.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
The names fit really well with each other.

Quoting Sammi20:

We chose Natalie because out of the MILLION I wrote down... it is the Only one DH agreed with and loved. lol. I added Paige as her middle name because I used to have a teacher with a daughter thats first name was paige (In elementary school) and loved it. I remembered it all these years and decided it was perfect. Natalie Paige.

lovegrandbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Heather - means field of flowers in Ireland  Wanted to name her Siobhan, but her father said no.  Jerk!

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM
What does Siobhan mean?

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Heather - means field of flowers in Ireland  Wanted to name her Siobhan, but her father said no.  Jerk!

lovegrandbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM

It is an Irish name meaning "God is Gracious"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN