Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your older child (5-6yo) still use a spill proof cup or regular cup?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Replies (21-28):
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM
My 15 month old uses a sippy cup and my 3.5 yr old uses a cup with a straw. My 3.5 yr old has sensory processing disorder and his occupational therapist strongly suggested it to help with his oral sensory seeking behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM

if we go somewhere then my 4 1/2 yr old uses the take and toss spill proof cups. At home she now uses a regular cup. Since she started preschool thats whay they use so we do it at home now too

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I think my son finally lost the sippy for good right before he was 3?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:15 AM

No my kids all quit using sippy cups for the most part by the age of about 2. I have a couple around still that I will give to them if they are sick or something so they dont have to get up if they feel bad and it can be right there for them to stay hydrated. And we have some squirt bottle type cups that they use in the car on long trips. They are not spill proof, but they do minimize the spilling if it were to tip over or something. Other than that they just use regular cups all the time.

IAmE7
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Home we use regular cups/tumblers but trailing its spillproof. Hell even I use a spillproof mug for traveling with my coffee and I'm 37!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Not often, maybe outside on a hot summer day, but we try to make the table the place for drinking. I don't see any good outcome to letting kids walk around sucking on a sippy cup, especially out in public. We have breakfast, lunch and snack times. In between, we taught the kids to get themselves a drink of water from the sink.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM

same here....helps a lot when we're out too...I try to take a spill proof along.

Quoting tifbrown:

My girls are 3 and 4 and still use them. Just for my own convenience, I hate cleaning spills.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM

lol...they are good for travel:)

Quoting IAmE7:

Home we use regular cups/tumblers but trailing its spillproof. Hell even I use a spillproof mug for traveling with my coffee and I'm 37!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)