Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Diet/Losing Weight

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hi, has anyone been on a really good diet or plan that helped them lose weight? I really want to better myself and be happy so that I can have a happier life. I had a miscarriage on January 6, 2013 and after that expedience I realized that I want to become a better healthier person for myself and for my family. I want to be able to be a fit and active mother when the time comes. Thanks for your input!
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM
5 moms liked this

NO DIET! 

Lifestyle change. You have to change the way you look at food and exercise. If you look at food as fuel for your body, you will begin to eat better, then you will begin to exercise to maintain feeling better. 

Concentrate on lean proteins, and tons of produce. If you choose to consume them- whole grains and dairy as well. 

Water- take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

Exercise- Find something that you enjoy doing and it will be easier to stick with. There are tons of DVDs on the market, walking is a great start, running, strength training... doing strength training is very important. As you build muscle, you will begin to torch more calories at rest and during workouts. 

Come check out the Healthy Weight Loss group. It is full of support, encouragement and tips. 

Let me know if you want help, I'm getting my Personal Trainer Certifications in the next few months. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

DevanF
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mcginnisc:

NO DIET! 

Lifestyle change. You have to change the way you look at food and exercise. If you look at food as fuel for your body, you will begin to eat better, then you will begin to exercise to maintain feeling better. 

Concentrate on lean proteins, and tons of produce. If you choose to consume them- whole grains and dairy as well. 

Water- take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

Exercise- Find something that you enjoy doing and it will be easier to stick with. There are tons of DVDs on the market, walking is a great start, running, strength training... doing strength training is very important. As you build muscle, you will begin to torch more calories at rest and during workouts. 

Come check out the Healthy Weight Loss group. It is full of support, encouragement and tips. 

Let me know if you want help, I'm getting my Personal Trainer Certifications in the next few months. 

Wow thank you, that is a good way to put it. I think I will also join that group! Thank you for the advice!
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Cut out all refined sugar.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lordgodempress
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

NO DIET! 

This, and I've also joined My Fitness Pal.  It helps me keep track of calories.  I have lost 30 lbs using it.  It really showed me how many calories I was eating and it was a giant slap in the face.  I have since changed my lifestyle and everything is wonderful

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I agree with lifestyle change. Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM

The only thing that ever worked for me was doing Tae-Bo.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I have lots of friends that lost weight with weight watchers.

tristahope
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Just drinking lots of water with crystal lite in it. It says on water my body that I need 103oz so I have been drinking @ least 5 20oz bottles a day. I signed up for my fitness pal but here lately I haven't really been using it as my grandmother has started a new business and I have not had the time at all. Other than the water I have really not been able to change much.

But I do love the Hip Hop Abs workouts. :)
MichelleMc
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Always a lifestyle change & never a diet. 

Always include exercise. 

For me personal group types have worked the best. The connection with people, making new friends, really helped. Zumba was the best. It is one of the top calorie burners. I have also done & liked spin & now really into Body Combat. 

DevanF
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
That is all very good advice! Thank you everyone for the input! So far I've lost 5 pounds! Hopefully I can keep the good work up :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN