Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Diet/Losing Weight

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi, has anyone been on a really good diet or plan that helped them lose weight? I really want to better myself and be happy so that I can have a happier life. I had a miscarriage on January 6, 2013 and after that expedience I realized that I want to become a better healthier person for myself and for my family. I want to be able to be a fit and active mother when the time comes. Thanks for your input!
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Replies (11-16):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Hope things work out for you with the diet and exercise...

barneysaid
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I usually try to count my calories and try to fit in some exercise. It's very difficult for me to loose weight because I have Graves' Disease. What helped me was this website, it was caloriecounting.com or something of that nature. I don't remember, it has been a while. LOL. I understand what you are feeling. Try to avoid junk food. I switched to baked chips or low fat snacks and stuff like that. I really like fat free ice cream. Sorry for you loss (((HUGS))) Good luck with your journey to weight loss!!!

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I don't diet, its horrible for you!
I use my fitness pal and track calories and workouts. My DH does it with me and we have lost 10lbs total together in 2 weeks.

We make wholesome food mainly from scratch and eat fresh fruit and veggies everyday. It's all about portion control and using wholesome healthy ingredients!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaysuric
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM

A few things that have helped me is juicing and green tea drinking more water!! Try it it will def help but you  and you have to keep at it!! :) Congrats for losing five pds !! :)

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I do Zumba and Insanity and it works wonders...i'm 31 lbs down my goal is 40...

DevanF
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I think I need to look into that fitness pal.
And zumba and insanity sound fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN