Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break Time! Do You Look Forward to Tax Time?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Coffee Break!

January is almost over and everyone will be receiving
                        their tax documents soon, if not already!

1. Do you look forward to tax season?
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time?
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute?
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
fortheboys1218
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

1) We look forward to it !

2) We pay bills, and sometimes we have done a small vacation just my SO and myself

3) We file right away

4) We do it both ways depending on our expenses for that year

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I love tax time...lol...any time there are $signs involved...lol

artistmom27
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM

1. It is a bitter sweet thing for me, I like the money but hate the process. Especially now that again they delayed the filing date.

2. Normally, it gets split between savings, buying things we need for the house, and a little bit of splurging, BUT this year we are spending a portion of it on going to California to visit my family who I haven't seen in 2 years (3 by the time we end up going)

3. I filed on January 13th like I always do

4. I do my own

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM

1) of course I like it when the government gives me my money back

2)usually it's used to pay off bills and stock our freezer and something little that's fun. This year DH and I will be going on a small trip together and stocking our freezer and savings

3) We filed last week..we always file as soon as we have all our info

4) we have used TaxAct.com the last 2 yrs. Before that we went to JH

aimhawk
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

1. Do you look forward to tax season? Yes!
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? Different things, though this year we will use it to help with a down payment on a home!
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? As soon as possible, even some years file with a check stub instead of waiting for the W-2
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional? Both. A lot of times I will do them online, then have a friend who works at a tax place review them if I am not happy with the result.
VarelaClan
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I don't look forward to it. We always owe because of self employment taxes. Booooo! We file last minute, although we send a check before the cutoff in jan so we don't get dinged for interest.

I'll have some sleepy time tea since it's after midnight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Usually I look forward to them but last year we didn't pay in much so I hope I can find enough deductions (and the proof & paperwork!) so we don't have to pay in... so not looking forward to it this year! I won't do them right away like usual, probably sometime in Feb... we get them done at H & R block. I trust them and we are less likely to be audited vs doing them ourselves. Every year since 2008 the money we get back has gone towards our Dave Ramsey step #2 (get out of debt) but this year it will go towards step 3!!! :)

I would like a strawberry smoothie please because I am too lazy to make one for real!

jenzachsam
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM

1.  No, because it's like a rug burn.

2.  We pay back our student loans.  We won't be going on any vacations this year or next year due to me returning to college full-time.  

3.  Our taxes are already filed.  I always file as soon as we get his W-2's and mine.  We can get everything online faster so it makes it easier for us to file.

4.  I do ours every single year.  Last year we owed, this year we don't owe and actually overpayed.  We do not receive any EIC either.  

I'll take a Mocha Joe with sprinkles lol!

Neuro
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:34 AM

1) Yes, gotta ask my boss when I am getting my W-2.

2) No, I put the money into my savings for the next few expenses I will expect.

3) I file ASAP.

4) No, my husband does them. I'm sh*t with numbers. It's like reading Chinese to me.

SparklingHope
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I look forward to tax time,but I also hate it..cause we run a small business..and that means lots of adding numbers ..subtracting numbers..etc..bookkeeping stuff! Bleh. We go around Februrary. We'll be using it to help us move!! So excited to get out of this crappy neighborhood this year!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)