Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break Time! Do You Look Forward to Tax Time?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Coffee Break!

January is almost over and everyone will be receiving
                        their tax documents soon, if not already!

1. Do you look forward to tax season?
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time?
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute?
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
deadlights86
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Yes

We overpay bills like electric we buy things that we've needed and this year we are getting the car fixed up it needs breaks an oil change and new muffler.

We file asap even though the irs isn't looking at returns yet we have already filed

I do our taxes through turbo tax online its a waste of money having someone else do it.

Mama2LilGirlz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  1. Do you look forward to tax season? Yes
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? We are moving out of state this summer, so this tax return will be used to move.
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? As soon as we have everything, we will file.
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional ? We use turbo tax to do our own taxes.
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM

We look forward to it. My dh files using turbo tax.  We'll probably pay a few bills and put some towards savings.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Quoting momof3inTN:

1. Yes

2. We save some, pay off bills, and refresh the kids' wardrobes

3. I file as soon as we get all our paperwork, why wait? Get it done and overwith.

4. Do my own! But then I am a tax prep person so this is my job this time of year (I took last year and this year off though, baby born last Jan and just turning 1 tomorrow - I'll be back at it again next year though)

Peppermint mocha please. :-)

mommy0f2g1b
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM

1.Yes

2.Either a vacation or house projects this year were doing the kitchen

3. we file the beginning of February

4. both my mil is an accountant and she does our taxes

monkeyrhea
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM

1. yes and no. I say no b/c we usually owe to the state and that annoys me. LOL!

2. We usually pay bills because there always seems to be some sort of big medical bill lingering around that needs to be caught up on.

3. We file right away.

4. I file them for us.

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I look forward to take time so much!!! I mean $8,000-$10,000 depending on new tax laws and my DH's overtime. It's just so refreshing to get that much money all at once. We pay bills off, buy things we've been putting off (like a maternity pillow for me!), and then we save the rest to help get us through rough patches.

We file as soon as possible, but go through a tax professional who can get us the most back. We filled out paperwork to do it ourselves one year then went to a professional and discovered we could get almost another $600 back because of child care costs. Sure it costs us, but I'd rather get the most back possible and have to pay a small percentage than find out later we could have gotten $600 back that we didn't get back because we didn't want to pay $100-$200.

StarLight23
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  1. Do you look forward to tax season? Yes!
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? We usually pay off debt, buy a few things that are needed/wanted, and put some into savings. 
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? Once we have everything we will file. Which actually we might have already. DH brought home a w-2. :)
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional? We've done both. My FIL used to be an accountant for a buisness he was a part of for a long time. He's retired now.  My DH does ours through a free online tax filing program :)

Strawberry milkshake with cream please :)

sarahbell811
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM

1. Yes

2. We usually spend it on something we need, or bills. One year we bought a new car, one year we paid off a bunch of credit cards...this year we are using it to put central air in our new house.

3. We file ASAP...pretty much as soon as hubby gets his W2

4. My hubby is an accountant...so we do our own :)

sarahbell811
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Oh, and I'd like a caramel frappucino :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)