Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break Time! Do You Look Forward to Tax Time?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Coffee Break!

January is almost over and everyone will be receiving
                        their tax documents soon, if not already!

1. Do you look forward to tax season?
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time?
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute?
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting StarLight23:

1. Do you look forward to tax season? Yes!
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? We usually pay off debt, buy a few things that are needed/wanted, and put some into savings. 
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? Once we have everything we will file. Which actually we might have already. DH brought home a w-2. :)
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional? We've done both. My FIL used to be an accountant for a buisness he was a part of for a long time. He's retired now.  My DH does ours through a free online tax filing program :)

Strawberry milkshake with cream please :)

justahousewife
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I look forward to tax time. Being self employed I'm careful to make sure income vs expenses are in my favor. I put anything I get back into savings.

I'm going to skip the coffee, I'd rather have a chelada. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Coming right up!

Quoting sarahbell811:

Oh, and I'd like a caramel frappucino :)

DiANAiVELiSSE
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

it's 50/50 for me .. I do because I know I will have some mullah coming, however mines doesn't come until mid-summer .. in order to get the fullest amount back i have to fill married/jointly, however my DH has a school loan he owes therefore I have to do the Injured Spouse request.. sucks but hey at leat we I get back and not have to pay in

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

It's 5:00 somewhere!

Quoting justahousewife:

I look forward to tax time. Being self employed I'm careful to make sure income vs expenses are in my favor. I put anything I get back into savings.

I'm going to skip the coffee, I'd rather have a chelada. :-)

StarLight23
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

MMMM.. Thanks! :)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting StarLight23:

1. Do you look forward to tax season? Yes!
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? We usually pay off debt, buy a few things that are needed/wanted, and put some into savings. 
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? Once we have everything we will file. Which actually we might have already. DH brought home a w-2. :)
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional? We've done both. My FIL used to be an accountant for a buisness he was a part of for a long time. He's retired now.  My DH does ours through a free online tax filing program :)

Strawberry milkshake with cream please :)

aJiG827
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

1. Yes
2. Bills, put some money in the kids' accts. This year it'll be all bills and setting some money aside to move at the end of the summer.
3. As soon as I am able, I file.
4. I usually do my own, but since we moved to a different state this year, and hubby had a couple different jobs, I will take our stuff somewhere to be done.

Hot chocolate, please =) 

workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

1. Do you look forward to tax season? Yes I do!! I wish my husbands work would send his stuff today!! That's all I'm waiting for.
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? No
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute?ASAP!!!
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional?  Professional. I would screw it up! Ha!!

LonestarMomx3
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Yes and No. We look forward to is to kinda get ahead and pay off bills, buy anything we've been putting off, etc. The last year has been extremely tight for us $$$ so we've had to put off a lot of stuff for our daughters, but with income tax we're hoping to get them all they stuff they've been needing & stock up  for later. This was my oldest daughter's first year in school as well, and so putting $ and supplies aside for that as well.

BridgeEbb
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I love tax season

I pay bills from Christmas!

I file right away

and I do my own!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN