Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break Time! Do You Look Forward to Tax Time?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Coffee Break!

January is almost over and everyone will be receiving
                        their tax documents soon, if not already!

1. Do you look forward to tax season?
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time?
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute?
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Replies (51-60):
lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Don't really look forward to it and don't get nothing back-just a lot of work for our little pay and due to we have a special needs adult child (with extensive special needs) and thats all and we really don't make a lot of money and then when you try to claim medical expenses it is so much hassle and they try to claim you can have it and it ends up in a big mess-so yeah really don't look forward to it -AT ALL!

Sleep please and when I get up some tea-

Onesecsmile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Do you look forward to tax season? Yes
Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time? I'm planning on buying my newborn son more clothes and accessories. Maybe even some clothes for myself..
Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? ASAP!
Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional? My step dad files them online for direct deposit. I've filed my taxes once though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I have mine done professionally just because I don't want to screw up. My parents do as well. My dad used to do theirs all the time and then one year he made a HUGE oopsie with the stocks and bond's portion of their tax papers and they got audited. Ever since then, my mother makes him take them to a professional.

coala
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  1. Not really I don't see the big deal
  2. I plan to put the money to good use and pay more off on my student loans, and get new tires for the car.
  3.  I file as quickly as I can after receiving everything I need in order to file.  I don't like to wait until the last minute for anything.
  4. I do them myself.  Why would a pay a professional when I am capable of handling my own finances.
mmeredith
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

1. Do you look forward to tax season?  YES!!!
  2. Do you plan bills, trips or other expenses based on tax time?  We do bills and all that first, then savings then if possible somewhere for the weekend.
  3. Do you file as soon as possible, or do you wait until the last possible minute? ASAP!! We're doing them Friday or Saturday.
  4. Do you do your own taxes or have them done by a professional? Professional. I couldn't do taxes if my life depended on it.
juniorsmommy84
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM

1. Yes!

2. Bills and fun stuff

3. As soon as possible

4. I use H&R Block online. It makes it so easy to do your own taxes. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I don't look forward to it, but I do file as soon as I can.

Hot Chocolate please.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Chai Latte please

1. No, not really

2. Savings or bills that need to be paid

3. We don't file right away but we also don't wait until the last minute

4. Both

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Quoting aJiG827:

1. Yes
2. Bills, put some money in the kids' accts. This year it'll be all bills and setting some money aside to move at the end of the summer.
3. As soon as I am able, I file.
4. I usually do my own, but since we moved to a different state this year, and hubby had a couple different jobs, I will take our stuff somewhere to be done.

Hot chocolate, please =) 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Don't really look forward to it and don't get nothing back-just a lot of work for our little pay and due to we have a special needs adult child (with extensive special needs) and thats all and we really don't make a lot of money and then when you try to claim medical expenses it is so much hassle and they try to claim you can have it and it ends up in a big mess-so yeah really don't look forward to it -AT ALL!

Sleep please and when I get up some tea-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN