Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1st B-day Party

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

Can anyone help me? This is my first child and she is turning 1 in a month and i was wondering what do you do at a 1st bday party? like do you have games or something or what cause i have no idea... All ideas will help thanks :)

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

My daughter was a summer baby. I had her party at a park. Family just visited and we did the cake,presents and we had lil sandwiches, chips a big bowl of fresh fruit. I didnt think games and stuff were nesessary for a babies party

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

We didn't have games, at 1, I just don't know a game that would hold interest. All I did was have a ton of people over, openned gifts and had cake. Literally that was it. I ordered a beautiful cake to match our theme, ladybugs, didn't have a smash cake. Just because I think they're stupid. Everyone had a nice time. Looking back, I would not change a thing.

Squirrel1309
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

For our baby's first we are planning to just have family and friends over, have some food and cake- just keep it low key. The birthday boy won't know the difference this year, it's really more for the parents. Just keep it simple and have fun!

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I think games would only work if you plan on having a lot of older children attending. 

For my oldest we had a party at Chuck E Cheese (WORST. idea. ever. lol- my ex mil insisted we have it there because she didn't want to have it at her house & ours was too small.)

My youngest we had a party at the park. The kids ran around & played. The adults socialized. Food, cake, & present opening.  

Keeping it simple is always the easiest route for 1st birthdays in my opinion. If your little one is overwhelmed & is melting down its not going to be very enjoyable for you or her. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)