Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to help my congested 2 year old?

Posted by   + Show Post

She is just absolutely miserable right now. Her little chest sounds horrible. Her nose has been pouring non-stop. Obviously I can't give her any over the counter stuff since she is so young. Shes sleeping now but I think if she wakes up I will try to run some really hot water in the shower & let the bathroom steam up.

Any other ideas on anything I can do to help her?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Replies (31-32):
cutestmom24
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I gave my dd. little noses. its all natural and helps with the cough and runny. nose.I asked my dd if it was ok for her to take it and she yea. my dd will be 2. next month
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

With the super cold winter we have been having I think I will have to pick up the Johnsons wash. A lot of moms recommended that. 

Quoting Shelly126:

Glad she is feeling better! And I'll say what most others say.....I use a humidifier in their room with a Vicks pad, I put baby Vicks on their chest and feet with socks, use a bulb syringe to suction and saline spray in the nose. I also try to either keep them away from or @ least limit and water down milk (if they insist on it) and keep them drinking all day as much as I can to keep them hydrated. A few times my son was really congested and I did use children's benedryl (my boys are also just over 2) and it worked well, but I keep that for when they are really super congested and miserable...it does the trick and makes them more comfortable. I use johnsons vapor wash in a nice warm bath and I also try to keep them elevated when sleeping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)