Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

need help identifying something on hubby *pic*

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

Please read it all before responding.
My hubby came to me and asked me if this thing on his shoulder was a pimple. It does not look like a pimple. It's got two white "heads) and its an irritated red but its not swollen and hard like any zit, bite or sting I've seen. It's soft and stretched like a mole! What has a spider bite look, with the two puncture holes, is bright red, but soft and squishy? There is no pus or oozing. It is just there. He said its bigger than when he first noticed it. We can't just go to a doctor right now, so I'm asking for your experience, has anyone seen something like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

It could very well be a spider bite, it doesn't look like a widows or recluse bite.  If he starts getting flu-like symptoms he will need to go to the doc.  It could also be a skin infection.  Has he tried using a hot-pack on it?

GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
We haven't done anything, I just looked at it ten minutes ago before he showered. I told him to keep an eye on the size and we need to be aware of a fever, color change on surrounding body parts, tingling/numbness, dizzyness and of course if it becomes painful.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

It could very well be a spider bite, it doesn't look like a widows or recluse bite.  If he starts getting flu-like symptoms he will need to go to the doc.  It could also be a skin infection.  Has he tried using a hot-pack on it?

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
It looks like a spider bite to me... My mom had one like that awhile back.
GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I've looked at some available pictures of common bites, but they only show the deadly and dangerous bites lol, I've just never seen such a large non-dangerous bite. It does look like a spider bite though, just a wierd texture.
GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Did anything come of it? Did it go away uneventfully?

Quoting EmmaZate:

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I think she went to the doctor for it and they drained the pus out if it and have her an ointment. After that it healed fine.

Quoting GremlinMom:

Did anything come of it? Did it go away uneventfully?

Quoting EmmaZate:

KRIZZ25
we try to make excuses for ower kids bad behavior. when its ower fault for letting it happen in first place.we need to show them how to behave. dont make excuses ..make solutions ..
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM
id u put something on it ?
GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
No, nothing. Do you have a suggestion?

Quoting KRIZZ25:

id u put something on it ?
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Draw a ring around the outside of it with a sharpie marker, of it grows outside the ring, then you might want to make a doctors appointment. A friend of mine was bite by a spider and that's what the doctor told her to do.

Momof3smoochies
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Do some hot towel compressions and when it comes to a head. Drain it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)