Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

need help identifying something on hubby *pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

Please read it all before responding.
My hubby came to me and asked me if this thing on his shoulder was a pimple. It does not look like a pimple. It's got two white "heads) and its an irritated red but its not swollen and hard like any zit, bite or sting I've seen. It's soft and stretched like a mole! What has a spider bite look, with the two puncture holes, is bright red, but soft and squishy? There is no pus or oozing. It is just there. He said its bigger than when he first noticed it. We can't just go to a doctor right now, so I'm asking for your experience, has anyone seen something like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Replies (21-25):
GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I think its going to take some time to draw out. I read some articles on boils and I'm 99% sure thats what we're dealing with.

Quoting goddess99:

How is it today? Gone?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

There is an ointment you can put on boils to help draw it out. I can't remember the name of it but it comes in a small orange can and stinks. lol. My Nana used to get boils and would use that to clear them up.

Quoting GremlinMom:

No, I think its going to take some time to draw out. I read some articles on boils and I'm 99% sure thats what we're dealing with.

Quoting goddess99:

How is it today? Gone?

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Raveyk
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Looks liek a spider bite

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh god... I am going to have nightmares now.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

Yep could be , I woke up one night with agonizing pain under my breast and had a similar thing like that. it never oozed or pussed then it just ruptured on its own one day and never seemed to clear up. Also I never had flu symptoms.  I went to the Dr. It was a hobo spider bite, apparantly one liked the warmth of my boobs one night and wanted to snuggle in there. He said I was lucky the rupture didn't persist or they would have had to do surgery to remove it the leison.  He put me on bactricin and antibiotics I still have scar.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

It could very well be a spider bite, it doesn't look like a widows or recluse bite.  If he starts getting flu-like symptoms he will need to go to the doc.  It could also be a skin infection.  Has he tried using a hot-pack on it?

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM

LOL! Poor guy... yeah I would just skip that part haha.

Quoting GremlinMom:

I guess this becoming a featured post is not something I should tell hubby lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)