Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone have the new iphone?

We can upgrade to the new iPhones for $36 each. I don't know anything about them though so I'd like to know if you like/dislike yours and why. Pros/cons...anything.
My husband plays a lot of music so I need to know if they're good for music. I text, facebook and am on here a lot. We have att if that matters any.

Thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
iPhone 5 and galaxy s3 are the top two phones right now. I just got the s3 today. But all the research I did said iPhone 5 is better for games and that type of stuff probably videos too and s3 is more of a techy phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Thanks. Originally I think dh wanted that one and I was thinking the note 2 but we just found out if we upgrade to the iPhone we only need to pay $36 each so bow we're not sure...

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

iPhone 5 and galaxy s3 are the top two phones right now. I just got the s3 today. But all the research I did said iPhone 5 is better for games and that type of stuff probably videos too and s3 is more of a techy phone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I bought the Galaxy S3 too. I love it. You might want to compare the two of them.

MichelleSw
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM
If you are looking for quality, iPhone is the way to go. I've owned many Galaxies & droids. My iPhones last way longer and it runs so smooth. Doesn't overheat from programs. Rarely have to restart. No popping the battery out when it freezes. The S3s are pretty and everything is free with Android but iPhone is just a better product.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almostthere55
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Wow, how are you getting them for $36?  My plan is up and the cheapest I can get a 4s is $99.  The 5 is $199.  Let me know your secret cuz I want one:))

grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Hmmm, yes?? It's an Apple specific program for Apple products. There might be free music apps on the App Store however my preference is the play music through iTunes, and sync to my iTouch and iTunes on my laptop.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Do you have to use itunes for music? Thanks btw

Quoting grneyedormom:

Yes, all the time to watch videos of all sorts. I use iTunes to download and listen to music though. Yes, the 5 is the newest!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Thanks. Do you use YouTube? My husband does for music a lot. And thanks, you're the only one who answered so far lol

Quoting grneyedormom:

I have the 5 and love it! It's my first smartphone since my BB Tour! Awesome camera, music and video player, great apps, screen resolution, it's light not heavy, feels nice in my hand. The only thing I don't like is the battery life if you do a lot of browsing and video watching/game playing. It goes quickly so carry your charger with you in your car or purse so you can plug in when you get low. Otherwise, I have ZERO complaints.

MrsWhite101610
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
What company do you have? Ours said we pay $36 each.

Quoting almostthere55:

Wow, how are you getting them for $36?  My plan is up and the cheapest I can get a 4s is $99.  The 5 is $199.  Let me know your secret cuz I want one:))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I have the 5 and love it! I had a 4 before and before that I had another smart phone. I couldn't live without them! I love that I can get so many apps and Gianna can play on my phone and I don't have to worry about her being bored. Plus my husband is deployed and having Skype on here with the camera is amazing. I love my iPhone and I will never own another phone! Apple products rock!
almostthere55
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I am with AT&T.  Since 2002 to be exact.  You would think with being a customer that long and also having a family plan with 3 other lines, that would qualify me for a better discount.  My contract was up last November and my DD's was up this month.  With two out of 4 lines not on a plan, you would think they would be giving a better discount. 

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting almostthere55:

MrsWhite101610
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Hmm that's who we have. That's odd.

Quoting almostthere55:

I am with AT&T.  Since 2002 to be exact.  You would think with being a customer that long and also having a family plan with 3 other lines, that would qualify me for a better discount.  My contract was up last November and my DD's was up this month.  With two out of 4 lines not on a plan, you would think they would be giving a better discount. 

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting almostthere55:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)