Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone have the new iphone?

We can upgrade to the new iPhones for $36 each. I don't know anything about them though so I'd like to know if you like/dislike yours and why. Pros/cons...anything.
My husband plays a lot of music so I need to know if they're good for music. I text, facebook and am on here a lot. We have att if that matters any.

Thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Does it cost anything to Skype?

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

I have the 5 and love it! I had a 4 before and before that I had another smart phone. I couldn't live without them! I love that I can get so many apps and Gianna can play on my phone and I don't have to worry about her being bored. Plus my husband is deployed and having Skype on here with the camera is amazing. I love my iPhone and I will never own another phone! Apple products rock!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almostthere55
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Yes that's odd.  Wonder why it would be so different.  Go figure.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Hmm that's who we have. That's odd.

Quoting almostthere55:

I am with AT&T.  Since 2002 to be exact.  You would think with being a customer that long and also having a family plan with 3 other lines, that would qualify me for a better discount.  My contract was up last November and my DD's was up this month.  With two out of 4 lines not on a plan, you would think they would be giving a better discount. 

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

What company do you have? Ours said we pay $36 each.

Quoting almostthere55:

Wow, how are you getting them for $36?  My plan is up and the cheapest I can get a 4s is $99.  The 5 is $199.  Let me know your secret cuz I want one:))

MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM
They told us it was $36 because we planned on upgrading early but that was all we needed to pay. Maybe its because you're off contract?

Quoting almostthere55:

Yes that's odd.  Wonder why it would be so different.  Go figure.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Hmm that's who we have. That's odd.

Quoting almostthere55:

I am with AT&T.  Since 2002 to be exact.  You would think with being a customer that long and also having a family plan with 3 other lines, that would qualify me for a better discount.  My contract was up last November and my DD's was up this month.  With two out of 4 lines not on a plan, you would think they would be giving a better discount. 

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

What company do you have? Ours said we pay $36 each.

Quoting almostthere55:

Wow, how are you getting them for $36?  My plan is up and the cheapest I can get a 4s is $99.  The 5 is $199.  Let me know your secret cuz I want one:))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
No, Skype is free on your phone and computer. If you have a phone 4 or higher you'll get FaceTime which you can use to video chat with others who have Apple products with FaceTime as well.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

I have the 5 and love it! I had a 4 before and before that I had another smart phone. I couldn't live without them! I love that I can get so many apps and Gianna can play on my phone and I don't have to worry about her being bored. Plus my husband is deployed and having Skype on here with the camera is amazing. I love my iPhone and I will never own another phone! Apple products rock!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Neat, and you don't pay anything for any of that?

Quoting grneyedormom:

No, Skype is free on your phone and computer. If you have a phone 4 or higher you'll get FaceTime which you can use to video chat with others who have Apple products with FaceTime as well.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Nope, sure don't! :)

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM
That sounds good. We're gonna have to go in to the att store and play with them. =)

Quoting grneyedormom:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Yes , you definitely should! :) I have the 5 but the 4S is pretty nice as well!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

That sounds good. We're gonna have to go in to the att store and play with them. =)

Quoting grneyedormom:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

HisUsmcWifey
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
No Skype is free. As long as I don't make calls on it. Then you have to pay for the calls. I mean if you use it t call one phone to another. Technically my husband "calls" me but when I'm home I'm using wifi and it doesn't cost us anything. There are a lot of really great free apps for iPhone!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:23 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)