Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How much?!!!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

Good lord! We got our electric bill the other day and it is over 400 dollars! What the hell are these people trying to do to us?! This is why the hubby and I don't have our own place...cause of the stupid electric company. We did have a place of our own, a little trailer on his FIL's land but we shared the electric and the bill got crazy expensive...plus the roof started to leak really bad when it rained.

Our bill is NEVER this high during the summer. The bills always want  to go up during the winter. Now, I understand it goes up because we have the heaters running but it's freezing here in MS during the winter. Do they expect us to just wrap up in blankets and freeze? The only heater that is really on all the time is the one in mine and DH's room...and we need that on because we have a young infant.

This is really starting to piss me off. We have other bills and shit to pay! Plus, my FIL called and asked if he could pay some of it and they said that if he did pay all of it, they were going to turn our electricity off. And all I'm thinking is "those dirty bastards!" They had to understand, we are on a fixed budget and cannot afford for our  electricity bill to keep being so high. It's like it goes up every month! On top of electricity, we have the water bill, garbage bill, internet, cable, and phone. We're still paying on our fridge, washer and dryer, and are in desperate need of a new car.

Me and the DH help out with groceries using our foodstamps but the price of grogeries is also going up. It seems like every month we are able to buy less and less. I've tried finding a job so I can help out but our car is crap and there is just on work where i live.

*takes a deep breath* Sorry, but I just felt like ranting.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don't understand why they would turn it off if someone else payed on it. All he had to do is just send in a check for the amount that he wants to pay. Do you pay online or thru the mail? Either way he can still pay on it and there is nothing they can do.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Holy crap. Are you going pot in your basement ? LOL how on earth is it that high? Wow I'm sorry hun that is ridiculous. Contact welfare and see if they can help or point you in the right direction.

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Hahaha, no, I a not growing pot in my basement. We have to use little heaters because our trailer doesn't have central heat. It did at some point but the people we got the trailer and land from messed it up and covered all the vents.

We have an aircondionter and fans that we use during summer and it isn't nearly as high as during the winter. It was only 200 and something last month and we've been using the heaters about the same amount. >.>

Quoting goddess99:

Holy crap. Are you going pot in your basement ? LOL how on earth is it that high? Wow I'm sorry hun that is ridiculous. Contact welfare and see if they can help or point you in the right direction.

CafeMom Tickers
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would still contact welfare because there are organizations who help with things like that. You might be able to someone out there to fix your heat problem, free of charge. It's worth a try. Good luck.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Hahaha, no, I a not growing pot in my basement. We have to use little heaters because our trailer doesn't have central heat. It did at some point but the people we got the trailer and land from messed it up and covered all the vents.

We have an aircondionter and fans that we use during summer and it isn't nearly as high as during the winter. It was only 200 and something last month and we've been using the heaters about the same amount. >.>

Quoting goddess99:

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
1. It costs more to heat than cool.

2. Trailers are notorious for costing a lot to heat...hardly any insulation and alot of heat tends to go under the trailer.

3. They cannot shut your electric off if someone pays the bill. That is just ridiculous.

4. Space heaters cost more to run than central heat.

5. Ask for an energy audit. They will come out and show you where you are losing heat.
6. Ask for equalized billing. They average out your bills and you pay the same amount each month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You may be better off contacting and heating company to have your central heating system fixed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKish
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM

o.O okay you "were" staying in a trailer at ur FIL'S? 

what are using now heat with space heaters?

what type of heater is built in? 

what type of place are you staying in now?

MrsKish
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM

they probably made holes in the ductwork it's esy to repair.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting goddess99:

EmmaGlenn20
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Woah! We live in a decent sized condo and our heating is only 100 or so, even in the winter. Can you get an energy audit done? I believe they're free.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a program here called heap that can help with heating bills. I would check and see if you have something like that where you live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN