Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should you stay married even if your not happy anymore

Posted by   + Show Post

should i stay in a loveless marriage for the kids

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
eoewan
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Try everything that is available to you be it counselling for yourself and also for the two of you and discussing how you feel with your partner. If it doesn't change and you are still miserable then you will have your own answer. You do have to get to the decision point on your own. good luck.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

No

mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM

no!

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
But be sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirlsmom12
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

NEVER! Kids or no kids. I was in a loveless relationship and it ended up with him in jail and me going for a restraining order due to him beating me up. we were unhappy for\ a year and it turned into yelling then after a few months of yelling he turned abusive

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Why is it loveless?

My grandparents have been married for over 60 years.  They say they've only been in love maybe 50 of them.  LOL  You fall in and out of love over the course of a lifetime.  When you notice you are falling out, try to get back to basics and reconnect.  Stress, children, schedules, personal growth...all these things can become obstacles to a happy marriage.  But, most obstacles can be overcome.

So if it it just loveless, but you aren't fighting terribly or hating each other, maybe think about therapy or a romantic getaway to try and connect again.

Long term, if things won't work out, it is best if you and him split up.  You don't want your kids to think a life without love is OK.  But, you don't want them to think they have to throw in the towel when things go off-course, either.  It's about knowing when to try and knowing when to quit.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Ummmm.... No.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I agree that there is a lot more needs to be known before it could be a yes or no answer for sure. 

Have you tried, has he tried. What have you tried? How long have you tried? is it a bump or has been bumped for a long time? Is it just something you two are going thru right now? Is he cheating? Are you cheating? Is he abusive? 

What do you mean by loveless? I have talked to people that took loveless in different ways. 

Marriage isn't something that is simple by any means so all these questions have to be answered before ever a simple yes or no could ever be said. Good luck. 

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I agree with Michelle. Loveless means so many things. How has it gotten to this point. Etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)