Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dehydrated 3 yr old

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 25 Replies

my 3 year old wont drink water! the closest i can get is capri suns roaring waters, what else can i give him to keep/rehydrate him thats as good as water?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I always gave 100% juice, milk, if you think he's really dehydrated, I would give Pedialyte. I would always buy the unflavored and add a little apple juice so my dd would drink it.

angirose
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM

safeway has the most amazing flavored waters that are very poplular with the kiddos. My ds7 would never drink water, he has a medical condition that makes it easy for him to get sick often and dehydrated. This is the first water based drink i can get him drink that he actually likes. They are very inexspensive too. :0) good luck

leonsmommy17
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM

pediasure my little boy got dehydrated and thats what the doctors told me

my4loves4
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting angirose:

safeway has the most amazing flavored waters that are very poplular with the kiddos. My ds7 would never drink water, he has a medical condition that makes it easy for him to get sick often and dehydrated. This is the first water based drink i can get him drink that he actually likes. They are very inexspensive too. :0) good luck

Never heard of it? Where do you buy it?

angirose
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting angirose:

Never heard of it? Where do you buy it?

its safeways new brand of waters. found in the pop/flavored water area

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Pedialyte or Gatorade.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I always gave 100% juice, milk, if you think he's really dehydrated, I would give Pedialyte. I would always buy the unflavored and add a little apple juice so my dd would drink it.

Well the problem with juice is he gets diahrea, we are trying to potty train but he is still having irregualr bowel movements, hes always either constipated or has diahrea, i think he gets constipated from being dehydrated, so i push juice since he wont drink water, but then he just gets diahrea so im trying to find something in between. And i tried the pedialyte unflavored (because my daughter needed it too but shes to young for flavors), and mixed some kool aid in it, but he didnt like it... maybe ill try one of the already flavored ones?

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I do half water half 100% juice, if hes sick and wont do water, try ice pops, ice cubes, my dd loves icy cold things when shes sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Maybe its the flavor or juice? I know the tropical juicy juicy doesnt agree with my dd, or having too many cups of juice in one day.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting goddess99:

Well the problem with juice is he gets diahrea, we are trying to potty train but he is still having irregualr bowel movements, hes always either constipated or has diahrea, i think he gets constipated from being dehydrated, so i push juice since he wont drink water, but then he just gets diahrea so im trying to find something in between. And i tried the pedialyte unflavored (because my daughter needed it too but shes to young for flavors), and mixed some kool aid in it, but he didnt like it... maybe ill try one of the already flavored ones?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinkerBell2013
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The drs told me to take and add water to the juice if the child gets a diahrea from drinking it. It always helped with my boys. They cant drink juice without getting a diahrea. 

I would try to get him to drink pedialyte. They will keep him from getting dehydrated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)