Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Say a little prayer

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

for my grandma. She fell the other night at home and has broken her pelvis bone in 3 different places. She was sent from our local hospital to another. The drs tried to get her to walk today to see if she could. She couldnt. She could barley stand without being in so much pain. My grandma can't go to the bathroom. They have a catherine in her. The drs said today that if she gets to come home they will be sending her to a rehab place or to our local nursing home that helps with rehab. She dont want to go home but the drs said she will have too. My mom has a bad back. Mom has had back surgery and cant left over 5 lbs. My dad can't left her up cause he will have to have hip surgery next month. He can barley walk hiimself. I could help left if I had someone that was here to help but we dont. We have asked the drs if we could just bring her home like she wants and maybe hire someone to help us with her and the dr said. The dr said that she will get more out of the rehab place than at home with family helping her. Please say a little prayer for her to heal alot faster so she will beable to come home. She is 91 years old. Thanks everyone 

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM

She definitely needs rehab. We went through this with my grandma. Good luck.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Ouch, yea broken pelvis hurts. That's odd that they asked her to try and walk on it. They told me no weight at all for a minimum of two weeks. I hope she can heal soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Strength4Karma
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
*hugs* I hope she recover soon. I'll definitely pray for her.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM

hugs

TinkerBell2013
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Thanks everyone. I couldnt believe they asked her to get up and stand and walk either. My grandma in law broken her pelvis about 2 years ago and they wouldnt let her out of the bed or even stand.. 

Hollysb
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I pray for a miracle..God Bless Grandma..
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Prayers.sent
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I can't believe they tried to get her to walk that fast, that's crazy! I will have her and your family in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)