Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have OCD?

I have OCD and I don't want my Daughter to follow in her mothers foot steps on this.  I have had OCD since I was 2 yrs old.  It's not something easy to deal with when you have a one year old.  I have noticed that after my daughter eats something messy like raviolis, she has it every where which is normal we are working with the fork. I clean her up like normal but she wants me to pick her up and I can't till I clean her hands off first. I know this might sound very mean to other moms, but I don't know how to fix this with out it effecting her.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Agree

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im not sure if a 1 or 2 yr old can have OCD....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amirah827
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Good Evening-
I have OCD as well and I can understand you not wanting your daughter to have it because those with it can agree it isn't all roses there are a lot of bad days with something so severe controlling you. It isn't mean not to want to pick your child up when she's dirty. My daughter washes her hands after she eats and when she was younger I kept a case of wipes at the table. I also bought toodler food spill preventing items and taught her to use silverware which eliminated a lot of mesa. If you are feeling a loss of control I recommend therapy, self-therapy as well. Im practicing the habits I learned from the article and it's helping. Good Luck and God Bless
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM
i am like that & i dont have ocd very badly. i jus dnt want to be all messy! i let my lil darlings get cleaned up then mama gives em all lovins! :) but 2 of my 4 already have my ocd. at least they will be neat & organized when they are teenagers & adults! i always was! :)

Quoting nightowl.poet:

Anyone have OCD?

I have OCD and I don't want my Daughter to follow in her mothers foot steps on this.  I have had OCD since I was 2 yrs old.  It's not something easy to deal with when you have a one year old.  I have noticed that after my daughter eats something messy like raviolis, she has it every where which is normal we are working with the fork. I clean her up like normal but she wants me to pick her up and I can't till I clean her hands off first. I know this might sound very mean to other moms, but I don't know how to fix this with out it effecting her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Me too! I work in a warehouse full of dust and dirt

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I only have OCD at work.

im_2_xblessed
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I have other issues besides OCD that get me having anxiety and having panic attacks.

With me it isn't cleaning (except dishes and my dragons ) it's I need to my stuff close to me....
Like I collect dragons and I need them to face a certain way.... My blanket needs to be on high for me... I also have to have other things the right way ...all labels in the bathroom the writing on the bottles have to be all on the right side of the tub and facing the wall....the towel your going to use has to be set on the shower chair(when you take it out of the tub, it has to be dried off, you need to put your clothes on it and dry off completely before you step out of the tub,)my medicine all have to face towards me. Towels have to be folded just so....I need to have a dog next to me to sleep....when I pick my youngest up from school,(shes12 ) I need to give lots of hugs,hold get her hand while cross the street get her in her side of the car make sure her seat is on right...walk to my side get in...make sure she's in. Then make sure that every thing is right and go the way we always go....stop at bushes for a sweet tea for me and a rootbeer for her. Then it's ok to go pick up my oldest. While we wait I count things
nightowl.poet
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Its not just picking her up. Its everytime she is messy. She wants to touch me and it freaks me out.  I'm sure it is getting worse.

MJP76
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I have it. So does my youngest son.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wouldnt let it bother you. She might not do the same. Infact i have know poeple do the opposite because their parent gets on thier nerves.lol. I cant pick up my child till she is clean either. its ok ;)

rayroe2
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM
That's normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thatguysgirl40
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Hi there...just talking to her and letting her know that her hands need to be clean so that everything else doesn't get messy usually works...that is what I did with my kids when they were little and they understood after a few times of doing it.  I would make it a game...kids like to do fun things...like, let's see how clean we can get our hands :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)