Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone tell me if this is a good school to do an online associates program?

Im so lost on this whole going to school thing, but i know its something i need to do and I know I need something strickly online.

What Im wondering is it a school where I could possibly get a job when finished?

Or any suggestions on where to look into?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Replies (11-18):
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I agree.

Call places where you would like to use your degree at and see if they would accept a degree from there. I know plenty of people with degrees from online schools that can't get jobs with them.

Quoting WithHope:

From a hiring perspective online degrees, regardless of the school are questionable. Your best bet for a marketable degree is to find an online program at a brick and mortar college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
What are you wanting to major in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shani527
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Call me stupid if you will, but what is a brick and mortar college?

Quoting WithHope:

From a hiring perspective online degrees, regardless of the school are questionable. Your best bet for a marketable degree is to find an online program at a brick and mortar college.
Shani527
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I was straight up with the advisor when asked this sane question I have no idea, Ive never had an answer for that question. So after talking awhile it was suggested to consider medical management. Idk if its good but the description looks good. (but im sure they are made to look good, so i still dont know if that is something practicle.

i hear alot of the same story, a person went and got some sorta higher education but it did them nooo good.

also i thought of something from another poster about it being hard to get a job from an online schooling degree.... wouldnt it be good bc it shows self motivation, time management and such? IDK. i really cant devote time to commuting to a set time and location. yes i am required to schedual 2hrs for an online eminar a week (an hour per class) but still, thats not as much as havibg to devote all that clasd tome going to a physical loxation.

like i said i am sooo lost on what to do. i just know i needmore. ill never get ahead working min. wage.

Quoting splatz:

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Quoting Shani527:

Call me stupid if you will, but what is a brick and mortar college?

Quoting WithHope:

A college in an actual building on a campus. There are tons of schools that offer online classes. I took online classes through my local community college.
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM

If you don't know what you want to do I would recommend taking basic classes through a local community college online. Most of the online schools charge tons & you will end up with a bunch of college loans & still not knowing what to do as far as a degree. If you go to a local community college & you qualify for a pell grant then you shouldn't have much (if any) money to pay out of pocket. 

Quoting Shani527:

I was straight up with the advisor when asked this sane question I have no idea, Ive never had an answer for that question. So after talking awhile it was suggested to consider medical management. Idk if its good but the description looks good. (but im sure they are made to look good, so i still dont know if that is something practicle.

i hear alot of the same story, a person went and got some sorta higher education but it did them nooo good.

also i thought of something from another poster about it being hard to get a job from an online schooling degree.... wouldnt it be good bc it shows self motivation, time management and such? IDK. i really cant devote time to commuting to a set time and location. yes i am required to schedual 2hrs for an online eminar a week (an hour per class) but still, thats not as much as havibg to devote all that clasd tome going to a physical loxation.

like i said i am sooo lost on what to do. i just know i needmore. ill never get ahead working min. wage.

Quoting splatz:

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I really don't know but would like to see what others reccomend.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I hated Kaplan.

They dismissed me with out telling me. Then when I tried to re enroll they denied me.

Im enrolled with Everest. And I love them!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)