Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did anyone else have an interesting pregnancy stories

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 26 Replies

So with my first two it was just the normal c section type of thing, they where both breached and emergency because even now my kids just have to be difficult about things:) My last son i had a really bad stomach ache and found out that it was my contractions being a minute to two apart, really wasn't that bad just uncomfortable. But they gave me some medicine to help me rest and i went to the bathroom and ended up climbing onto my iv pole because it looked like the floor was moving, luckily the nurse came because i wasn't on my monitors. I was meant to call her but i like my children am stubborn and hate asking for help. Then when they did the c section to get him my epidural wore off to soon and I had to feel the rest of getting stitched up. OWIE! They tried to put stuff in my iv to knock me out but i just kept getting drowsy and then it hurt and i wake up again, three doses later and they couldn't give me anymore. Where all healthy and happy i was just curious if anybody else has had any interesting stories or anything

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Mine wasn't too interesting. I never labored no matter what they tried and after about 30+ hours I just had a csection.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Mine wasn't too interesting. She did have to have a suction thing to help pull her out since her head was so big. She weighed 8lbs 2ozs and I had 28 stitches.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

omg 28 stitches jaw drop

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Mine wasn't too interesting. She did have to have a suction thing to help pull her out since her head was so big. She weighed 8lbs 2ozs and I had 28 stitches.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

With them using the suction thing on her, it ripped me. It was very painful afterwards for several weeks until I healed. I had to sit on a pillow for comfort.

Quoting goddess99:

omg 28 stitches jaw drop

Quoting MistressMinerva:

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I've had a variety of birth experiences.  My last was a homebirth.  No one every touched my vagina/cervix throughout my entire pregnancy and labor.  I birthed his head into my own hands with no other hands around. I never got in a bed, never laid down and was not hooked up to anything the entire time.  My body just moved into the positions it needed to in order for my big baby to come out the safest way with the least amount of trauma.  I moved from kneeling to hands and knees without my own control...it just happened.  My body also lead my hands exactly where they neded to be to support my own tissues so that I wouldn't tear.  I gave birth in water, in a blow up pool.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM

My first was born c-sec breech.Perfect pregnancy and recovery. I never griped and whined about it. My water broke 3 days before my scheduled c-sec so we had to rush an hour to the hospital. It was alot of fluid leakin outa me.Made it in time before any pain. Lucky! I had alot of pressure like i had to pee really bad. My second was a surprise pregnancy but it only lasted 7 weeks :(.  My third was hell. This little girl is still giving me hell 4 mos later.lol. She was born by c-sec of course because i already had one.Body  pain all through the pregnancy. Planned c-sec. Come to find out i was already having contraction the mornin of surgery and didnt know. Good timeing. Afterwards it was hell. I was outa the O.R. for less than 2 hrs and i started having horrible laber-like pains. I was contracing still. They were soposed to order a pain killer that lasts 24 hrs and they never did. Doctor was pissed at the people that were soposed to do it because he told them too. I was in pain for 6 hrs straight before they figured out what the problem was. They kept coming in the room every so often asking me what my pain level was. Each time i would tell them 9 or 10. They kept telling me to let them know if i needed pain meds. I was on morphine and pushed that button every 15 mins and it did not kill the pain at all. They thought i was just whining about it. My husband finally told them that they better do something. and finally 6 hrs later i got my pain meds that i was soposed to have. I bet that nurse got fired that day. omg!! Baby had jaundice so we had to stay and extra day. on top of that i had  spinal migrains from fluid leaking from my spine from my spinal block. Couldnt enjoy bringing my baby home from the hospital at nearly midnight because i had been in pain for 5 hrs. So glad i had my tubal. Im done

aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my first at 17 I was 5 days past due and was out in a pasture running laps to induce.Didnt work.At 7days past due I was induced.No pain meds only pushed 20mins.So glad it wasnt a hard labor at 17 I would have been a mess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WooMommy7
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

When i had my first little man the nurse was in such a rush to get my catheater down for transport that she ripped me and had me bleeding really bad and i ended up being able to pee over the toilet seat sitting down for months. For some reason two with him my epideral didn't where off like it was suppose to and one of the nurses got mad at me because i couldn't get up to clean myself up. my first one was in the nicu and it took hours of me argueing with them before the docter got a wheelchair and got me up there. Luckily they came back, so im nto sure what was worse for me it wearing of too soon and feeling the stiching or wondering when it was going to come back or if it was again.

Mimee1971
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Taught group fitness classes 8 of the 9 months of pregnancy. Little guy (only child now 15 mos old) came 11 days early water broke at home. 42 hours of labor mostly with epidural. Dilated fully baby didnt want to turn c section it was. 3 weeka later ended up in the icu for a month with a rare life threatening liver infection. Got to see and nurse my newborn after only 4 days thank god. Went home after a month with pic line and drain for 3 mos had nursing at home also. We have been fine since thank goodness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WooMommy7
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Wow thats really scary, the worse thing ended up with out of mine was a infected c section after my daughter, i was so sick though you coulda seen it coming. she had pnemonia when she was born from infection in her water so who would have guessed i woulda gotten one shortly after. never saw that coming.... but when that happened i was a single mom and it was scary and hard, but its how i met my  hubby. he came down to take care of me and the kids and its been 3 years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)