Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did anyone else have an interesting pregnancy stories

Posted by   + Show Post

So with my first two it was just the normal c section type of thing, they where both breached and emergency because even now my kids just have to be difficult about things:) My last son i had a really bad stomach ache and found out that it was my contractions being a minute to two apart, really wasn't that bad just uncomfortable. But they gave me some medicine to help me rest and i went to the bathroom and ended up climbing onto my iv pole because it looked like the floor was moving, luckily the nurse came because i wasn't on my monitors. I was meant to call her but i like my children am stubborn and hate asking for help. Then when they did the c section to get him my epidural wore off to soon and I had to feel the rest of getting stitched up. OWIE! They tried to put stuff in my iv to knock me out but i just kept getting drowsy and then it hurt and i wake up again, three doses later and they couldn't give me anymore. Where all healthy and happy i was just curious if anybody else has had any interesting stories or anything

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Proudmommy8388
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

i was in the hospital at 37 weeks for a week, with kidney stones and a kidney infection, left the hopital at 38 weeks and went back in to have my amazing beautiful baby girl exactly a week later lol lets just say they knew us very well at the hospital! lol

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

So far I've had to be induced with all three of my girls. I'm praying that this last one will come naturally of his own accord. With my first one and my third one I was induced a few days before my due date because I had too much amniotic fluid and they didn't want my water breaking on its own for fear the umbilical cord would be pushed out through my cervix and suffocate the baby. Wth my second I was 42 weeks and she just wasn't going to come out on her own. She's still my most stubborn child.

With my second and third deliveries the doctor was convinced I would need a c-section. Babies were head down, a bit on the big side, but still of a size that I could push them out. I don't know why they hought I would have to have c-sections, but they did. I told them both there was no way I'd be having a c-section unless it came down to life or death for my child or me. After my third was born my doctor congratulated me for being stubborn. She was all set to do an elective c-section.

My two most interesting pregnancy stories: When I was in labor with my first my doctor came in to break my water, we already knew there was a lot of amniotic fluid so the nurse built this little u-shaped dam out of rolled up towels around my lower half. The doctor sat on the bottom of the bed and did his thing and the water came ut so fast and hard it hit the towels and sprayed up all over his chest. I was mortified! The nurses took t calling me "The Great Flood of 2009" because it just kept coming, I had a small lake around my bed where it had poured off the sides.

With my second I was very apologetic throughout the whole labor. I'd getting grumpy and then immediately apologize. Well, when it came time to push I'd done two pushes and was on my third when my foot slipped off the stirrup and I kicked my doctor in the shoulder. I immediately stopped pushing and started apologizing and my doctor says "SHUT UP AND PUSH!!!!" So I did and out flew my daughter!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I had a period for 4 months. Was sick the whole time. When I got to the hospital. I was given an epidural. Then my baby's heart went down. They had to stop the epidural so I could feel what I was doing and start pushing immediately. I did it. Here the cord was wrapped around my baby's neck and she wasn't getting much oxygen. It was a very scary experience!

Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
My 1st came emergency c-section at 24 weeks. She was a footling breach. She was 1 pound 3 ounces. My 2nd I got only an epidural for the c-section so I felt a lot of it. Worst pain of my life and I screamed the whole time. My 3rd I went into labor at 19 weeks. With bed rest for months and meds he came into this world at 37 weeks. My 4th I had a placental abruption. I thought my water broke but I was hemmeraging badly. He was delivered immediately by c-section and made it fine. My 5th went fine except severe morning sickness that I was hospitalized 4 times in one month for. My 6th went smooth. So after 6 c-sections and all this I am finally DONE :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My 3rd went really fast....they were in there asking me questions and she popped out...or crowned.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
My middle son had the cord wrapped twice around the neck by its not actually dangerous for the baby. They don't breathe out of their mouths in the womb donut doesn't cut off their oxygen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Donut = so it
Shaybay218
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I never labored...I had 3 csections...and was swollen up

juniebug11
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM
With my first , it was a long , hard , extremely painful labor even with the epidural . I couldn't walk for a week, I had like 12 stitches. With my second I was induced, it went very fast, very painfree , I got the epidural once I was 5 cm dilated. I told the nurse I felt pressure, she checked me and I was ready to push. I have healed very quickly
mousesmommy5610
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM

With my first i was 17 when i found out and i had some morning sickness but not a whole lot, i had no problems until 21 weeks my dog started acting funny so i called my mom and told her and we went to the hospital and i was in preterm labor the dr gave me the wrong meds (could have killed my daughter) and then yelled at me,my bd,my mom and MY OBGYN!! i was pissed and he wouldnt let me leave to go to the other hospital with my OB he put me on lock down for 24 hours. he sent me home and i called my ob she said if u feel fine stay home bed rest etc the next day i wasnt feeling to great so i headed for the university of utah and i was effacing rapidly and starting to dialte so they got me on moniters and meds IVs etc and kept me for a week i went home dealt with all the fun contractions n stuff they took me off my meds at 37 weeks and i started having contractions (i never felt them) and at 38 weeks i felt all weird so i called my dr i was told to go into L&D so i did they monitered me for 2 hours said go walk around for 2 hours come back and we will check u so i did and nothing happened so they gave me two 10 loratabs sent me home lol i dont member the ride home it was a 45 min drive i dont member getting into bed NOTHING i got up at noon the next day and my belly seemed like it SHRUNK i was freaked out checked to see if my bed was wet if my water broke nothing so i called my dr again she said take it easy etc so i did another dr called me at 7:55 pm and asked how i was feeling and she requested i go back up i did they monitered me and checked me i was 3 cm and then babys heart rate dropped really low and they moved me into L&D put me on IV and started pitocine again felt no conrations she checked me i was a 5 and they asked me to get an epidural just in case of a c section so i did cause babys heart rate dropped again i laid in the OR with my bd for 10 1/2 hours being watched closley and they checked me i was a 9 1/2 and moved me back to my room and as soon they hooked up moniters both our heart rates dropped in single digits and back to the OR i went to have a c section they had me preped and her out in 15 min... she was healthy 6lbs 12 oz

NOW im pregnant 25 weeks with baby girl #2 and this pregnancy is a lot more complicated i found out at 8 weeks and went for an U/S to measure she was measuring fine i then ended up in the er for bad pains a kidney infection they doped me up on anti biotics and sent me home i still couldnt bare the pain the next day and they hospitalized me for three days :/ few weeks later another kidney infection shorlty after that one i started to bleed at only 14 weeks and i went to the ER they said everything looks good baby is healthy etc bed rest 3 days after that i stopped bleeding then another kidney infection at 16 weeks and at 17 weeks we found out the sex and they saw something that looked weird and to call my OB so i did they sent me in to have another U/S and found i have a complete placenta previa but my drs didnt give me the info i needed and i could have lost my baby or my self so i switched drs shes been really good i just had an U/S and i still have a complete previa i have recently gotten another kidney infection (getting better with eah day) No bleeding thank goodness i have another U/S in march and we will know more from there but as of right now i have had more pains and what not with this pregnnancy then with my first (: this story is to be continued LOL!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)