Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone have the ipad mini?

I'm thinking about buying one but want to know what you ladies think of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (31-34):
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I can't even find iPad 3 on the apple website. They just have iPad, iPad2 and the mini

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Oh thanks. I was thinking smaller size may be better because it'll fit in my purse better but now I'm rethinking that.

Quoting VickyJoJo:

There are definitely differences between an iPad2, iPad3 and a mini.

Unless you are buying used, the iPad2 only comes in 16G. Personally after having a 32G, I would not do anything less. Apps, photos, books and music will take up lots of memory and you can't buy a 16G and then add memory later.

The iPad2 and the mini iPad do not have Retina Display as the iPad3 has which does provide a sharper/clearer image. This may not be important to you. But the size may be. While many things can be "blown up" on the iPad and the mini, there are certain apps where the image cannot be increased in size. For example, in the newsstand (magazines, books, etc) the image is the image and you cannot zoom in on it. Before buying my iPad 3 (upgrading from the original iPad), I went to the Apple store and looked at the images of the same magazine side by side. I do wear glasses/contacts and while I had no problem reading the iPad that I had or the iPad3 that I got, I did have issues with reading the smaller type on the mini.

That is my two cents worth.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

We have att too. So you think the iPad 2 is better than the mini? I didn't see any real differences on the website between them besides size... Maybe I missed something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Oh okay

Quoting MrsKish:

okay when you get it will asks you if you want to add data aka 3G (you don't have to)

you enter in your billing info plans start from 15-50 bucks a pop for 1 month. 

when you buy a month it tells you it will charge the same amount every month on the same date in less you cancel it. there are no fees  you dont have to talk to att. like said pay as you go.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Which way are you bot locked into a contract?

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting im_2_xblessed:

Cellular is for data through your cell phone company...for me it's AT&T and we share the data 20 GB for the 2 of us when we are home she uses wifi only. ( clear has wifi for 45 dollars a month unlimited.) when she's not home I have her 6 GB to use for the month. It will cost a bit more but make sure you get the cellular as well as the wifi so you can always use it...but personally I would go ahead and buy the iPad 2 it does more and has better features. Hope this helps :)

it's not the same tho your NOT  locked in to contract it's like a pay as you go type of thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
im_2_xblessed
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I feel the ipad2 is better then the mini bc you can do more and have more apps then the mini....honestly I feel the mini is over rated and that for about the same you get a bigger screen. My daughter takes her iPad most places and she puts it in her purse with out any problems
sjoshea
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I just got one as a gift and I love it.  My 3 y/o loves it too.  The smaller size is easier for him to handle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN