Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Major side effects from birthcontrol?
I'm not talking some of the normal stuff but major?
Like 20+ lb weight gain?
Depression?
Psychological effects? Panic attacks??
Blood issues? High BP?
Ext
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Nope

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Yes. Depo magnified the ppd I had. Before I stopped it I was to the point where I was having panic attacks daily and completely psycho. The mini pill made me into a psycho bitch. People had to walk on egg hells round me because the smallest thing would send me over the edge.
butterflymommy2
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I tried the pill. I can't remember which ones they gave me. I know it was a couple different brands. Each one made me bleed the whole time I was on the pill. I stopped taking it and went back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twynns
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I had been on birth control pills for over 13 years (with no problems) and stopped taking them so I could have my son. After I had him, I went back on them. I seriously thought I was going crazy. Depression, panic attacks, crazy thoughts, etc. It was awful. Within 2 days of stopping them, I felt perfectly fine. It was weird.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM
No
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
How did you realize it was the birth control?

Quoting twynns:

I had been on birth control pills for over 13 years (with no problems) and stopped taking them so I could have my son. After I had him, I went back on them. I seriously thought I was going crazy. Depression, panic attacks, crazy thoughts, etc. It was awful. Within 2 days of stopping them, I felt perfectly fine. It was weird.
MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM

The only one I've had a problem with was Mirena IUD. I had horrible mood swings--like extreme rage where I wanted to hit walls, break things, scream at people. I had no control. When I was in a rage I was bawling my eyes out and so depressed all the time. I was never happy or doing okay. It was either angry or really really sad. The physical side effects were miserable too. I had constant cramping pains in my abdomen (I bled for a months straight after having it put in, then I'd have a few days of no bleeding, then bleed again for 2-3 weeks at a time). My body was achey all over all the time and my migraines became a lot more frequent. I used to get maybe one migraine in a year and suddenly I was have 2-3 a week of pain so intense I couldn't walk without almost throwing up, couldn't take care of my kids. It was a nightmare. I made it almost 4 months with the Mirena and finally had it taken out. A week later I was back to my happy self, except the migraines persisted and I still have them, though now it's more like three or four a month.

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Birth control actually made me bipolar.  Like insane, I would  sweet one moment and then a total crazy bitch the next . Anything the slightest would set me off. I am no longer on birth control. Like my husband told me I can't live with you on it. I haven't been on it in 10 years.

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Bi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Omg I meant no. Technology can suck sometimes.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Bi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN