Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so i found a lump

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM
  • 17 Replies

under my arm and im not sure what to think or what to do about it. i looked online what it could mean and it says breast cancer or a blocked sweat gland. ill tell ya what it hurts to put my arm down. i told my mom and she told me to tell my obgyn when i go see her for the results of my biopsy she had done to check for cervical cancer. but shouldnt i ask my regular dr about it ? does and obgyn deal with that kind of stuff. im not sure what to do :-/

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Are you nursing by any chance?  Could be a clogged duct too.  I get those stupid lumps sometimes.  Hurts like crazy but I heat them and massage them away.

Cassidy3151
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

no im not i never had anything like this before i was shaving and i found it and i was like what the heck is that and its like the size of a pea but hurts so bad

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Are you nursing by any chance?  Could be a clogged duct too.  I get those stupid lumps sometimes.  Hurts like crazy but I heat them and massage them away.

desouza201
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I get something like that all the time. If is a clogged gland. If will fester and pop like a bog pimple. Put hot washcloth on it to bring it to the surface. When it pops try not to let it get anywhere it can cause more. Cancer normally would feel like a small pebble. If would normally be very hard no pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:19 AM

It may be a risen or whatever they call them...I have a friend who gets them...it will get hard and burst...yucky I know!

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Doctor ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I would check with the Dr.

Cassidy3151
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

thanks guyes i think im gonna let it go till i go see my obgyn on thursday and ill ask her after we go over my test results for the cervical cancer she thinks i may have  hopefully she will be able to tell me what it is just worries me cuz i never had anything like this before

Quoting MistressMinerva:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I'm sure she can refer you to someone that specializes in that. Hope you get it all figured out and get better.

Quoting Cassidy3151:

thanks guyes i think im gonna let it go till i go see my obgyn on thursday and ill ask her after we go over my test results for the cervical cancer she thinks i may have  hopefully she will be able to tell me what it is just worries me cuz i never had anything like this before

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

ITS very alarming to find a lump.. The best thing to do is visit your ob/gyn, more than likely you will have to have a mammogram  or an ultrasound to see what it is, but please take care of it, early detection the best protection..  I think your primary care will also tell you the same but being that ob/gyn specializes in this kind of stuff, I would go to her.. All the best..

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I'd go ahead and ask your OB/Gyn. My sister and my mom both have gotten rather large lumps under their arms. In their situation though it was just a boil. Their doctor lanced it and then put guaze.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)