Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

under my arm and im not sure what to think or what to do about it. i looked online what it could mean and it says breast cancer or a blocked sweat gland. ill tell ya what it hurts to put my arm down. i told my mom and she told me to tell my obgyn when i go see her for the results of my biopsy she had done to check for cervical cancer. but shouldnt i ask my regular dr about it ? does and obgyn deal with that kind of stuff. im not sure what to do :-/

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Replies (11-17):
Rosalind2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there, If it hurts, that's a good sign. Probably just a swollen lymph node. I have one under my arm right now...it appeared during pregnancy and grew to the size of a grape. I told the doctor before I left the hospital and they had me get an ultrasound on it. By the time I got to see my family doctor, it had shrunk, so when I told him that, he was not concerned, and also the ultrasound showed it was nothing.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I would show it to your OB/gyn doctor on this Thurs. visit. It doesn't sound like cancer.

AmyKarissa007
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM

This asap you don't want to take any chances. All the best!

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would check with the Dr.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I would ask whichever of your doctors that can see you soonest.
NewMamaBoo
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Yea I'd make a doc apt right away

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Good luck

Quoting Cassidy3151:

thanks guyes i think im gonna let it go till i go see my obgyn on thursday and ill ask her after we go over my test results for the cervical cancer she thinks i may have  hopefully she will be able to tell me what it is just worries me cuz i never had anything like this before

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would check with the Dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Cancerous lumps don't hurt. I would just see your regular doctor if you're concerned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)