Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Want to be a stay at home mommy....

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi my name is Tiffany I am a mother of 3 children.  My husband and I have been together since high school.  I'm currently a nurse and love my job but I am tired.  I work second shift and my husband works opposite days a week so we do not need sitters.  How much sleep do get in?  Do you stay home?  If so how do you make it work?  I recently just started a business I am selling a product for.  It cost me almost nothing to start and I already grade it back.  We're hoping I can stay home in the near future but you never know.  I love the product I sell because I could never sell anything I didn't like.  I've never sold stuff before has anyone else?  If so did it make any money?  Thanks for listening to my rant

tiffany

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I stay home. We make it work because its what's best for the kids, I can't afford to work, and finding a job with the flexibility I need is near impossible. Its a good thing I like being a sahm lol.
I've thought about selling stuff before but its never gotten off the ground.
Sleep? What's that? I'm a night owl and the kids wake up at the butt crack of dawn. So I get 7 ish hours on average.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
orliesmom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM
7 hours? that's alot lol on an average night I get 5 tops. By the time I get the house work done itslate and I'm a full time student so I usually go to bed after my homework which is like 1am hubby goes towork at 6 so I get up to lol.

I can't afford to work right now either hubby works long hours and I dont expect him to watch the kids at night if I worked graveyards. he makes good money so its not a necessity for me to work.

Quoting shadow_lark:

I stay home. We make it work because its what's best for the kids, I can't afford to work, and finding a job with the flexibility I need is near impossible. Its a good thing I like being a sahm lol.
Sleep? What's that? I'm a night owl and the kids wake up at the butt crack of dawn. So I get 7 ish hours on average.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I work full time but my family is with me most of the time while I work. I'm doing good to get 5 hrs of sleep. I do direct sales for two companies and make decent money with them. Oh and Welcome!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I remember those days. When I was in school the only time I had to focus on school work was after ds was in bed so I was up til 1 or 2 most nights. 7 hours would be sufficient if I had Dh coming home every night to look forward to, but I don't. I do everything myself 90% of the time so that 7 feels closer to 3 lol.

Quoting orliesmom:

7 hours? that's alot lol on an average night I get 5 tops. By the time I get the house work done itslate and I'm a full time student so I usually go to bed after my homework which is like 1am hubby goes towork at 6 so I get up to lol.

I can't afford to work right now either hubby works long hours and I dont expect him to watch the kids at night if I worked graveyards. he makes good money so its not a necessity for me to work.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a SAHM. With one income. We are used to it. For you it might be hard because you are used to the money you have coming in. You have to weigh out the advantages. and disadvantages. Less money but more sleep. More time with your children.

MommyBell
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I am a stay at home/student my dd is in kindergarten with some issues (rage issues) I need to be available to pick her up when she gets out of hand. I go to school three nights a week from 6 to 10 on those nights I get to  sleep around midnight, on nights that i do not have school I am in bed and asleep around 10 and wake up around 6:30 am and try to nap in the day time. More so when I am depressed.

mammabear413
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I stay home love it my df makes enough for it to happen I sleep from 9 at night till730 so I sleep good we choose this for my son and any other kids we may have
ready4thenewme
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Right now I am a stay at home mom, I did work for about 7 weeks this fall thru a temp agency, Since my hubby works from 5pm to 2 am he sleeps til about noon. I had a friend come in and watch my 3 kids til he would wake up. When I got off work he would go to work. I also sell product from a company, I love the products. I have made a little bit of money, when we really needed the money it was amazing to have the money from the products to lean on. I feel like I wasnt getting much sleep even tho I know I was, you do get use to it.

So many lives have been changed, you ready to change your's. Debt free is the new sexy with It Works!
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I'm a SAHM and have been for years. I love it, can't imagine going back to work. You get used to it. Work on a budget and make sure you can comfortably do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)