Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Support?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
As the title says, I am just looking for support-mom to mom support. :) I am fairly new to this group-so I say Hello! To all you ladies. My name is Defiance, I am 20, have my little 2 yo rainbow baby girl. I am two and a half years out of an abusive relationship with my daughter's bio father. Now with a wonderful military man. =)
Anyways...I am getting my gallbladder removed tomorrow. 0_0 I am scared! Lol. Has anybody here had to get theirs removed? I know it is a fairly low chance of any complications, but I am so nervous. I have gone ahead and filled out the forms of who to talk to incase I cannot voice what I want-and absolute worst case scenario who I would have keep my daughter. Everything technicality wise is taken care of, where baby will be during the surgery, after, daycare, my work, my partner's work.... I am just incredibly nervous. About having it done. It is definately the best option I have right now, since all the alternatives are not working.
Any stories, advice, tips...ect. would be awesome! TIA.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a fiend who had hers taken out and was at walmart getting groceries after she got out of the hospital. They did it laproscopocally as an out patient procedure. She had mild pain/discomfort for a few days and was fine after. Surgery is always nerve wracking, but Im sure you'll be fine. Hang in there mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I don't have any experience with that. But I hope everything goes well! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wyattsmom2009
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You do have some pain afterwards but they give you meds. You do have to watch what you eat after. I know I seem to be in the bathroom almost immediately after eating.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

first of all...HELLO!!! and next, i don't have any stories or tips, but i say "good luck" to you. i hope everything goes well! :)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome

Good Luck with the surgery.

barneysaid
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I had mine taken out in 2007. It ain't that bad, you'll go home the same day about an hour or so after recovery. I was able to walk the same day but man...going to the bathroom was a real pain in the butt!!!! Good luck!!! The pain will ease down a couple of days after.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I have no experience with this operation, but wanted to wish you good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jett286
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I'm sure you will be fine.  My mom had her gallbladder out YEARS ago (like 1986) and it was the best thing she ever did (besides have me of course)....and I"m certain that in  27 years the medical advances have been HUGE.  I know surgery is scary, but most cases it's routine and easy in/out for patient.  Good luck...

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Welcome, I hope the surgery goes well. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Welcome and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)