Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

R.I.P Hailey Petee...Stop the bullying..UPDATE!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Over the weekend a beautiful little girl Hailey Petee just gave up she had fought for so long with trying to avoid the bullying and it just took a toll on her. Hailey was my brothers first wife's younger daughter. My mother called me in tears at 12.46 am Sunday morning and told me the news, Haileys mother and father were out on a date night as they do every Saturday and when they got home a little before midnight noticed their daughters light on when they walked in the most terrifying heartbreaking sight crossed their eyes, their beautiful 11 year old daughter hanging from her bunk bed, the coroner said she had been dead for a couple hours and said she did not suffer thank god.

Hailey had suffered from bullying due to add and hyperactivity. The children wouldn't leave her alone, she would come home every day crying to her mother, her mother went to the school several time and even changed her bus route and class but it still continued. She had her whole life ahead of her and because of this, her family wont be able to see her grow...

So please everyone talk to your kids about bullying and how this can affect other children, they think its funny and they don't think they are doing much harm but then something like this happens from the hurt and pain they suffer....

RIP Hailey you will be missed

UPDATE.... thanks all for the prayers and support at this saddened time of loss... Hailey was laid to rest yesterday, the services was beautiful and Hailey will be dearly missed, there were so many stories that touched everyone's heart. I really appreciate all the warm thoughts. Thank you all....

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
Myruhbel
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Dear God....she was such a beautiful little girl. >_< She had her whole life ahead of her. I was bullied badly when I was little by an african american girl who used to chase me from school nearly all the way to my house. I was too quiet at school and had no one to tell my problem to bt my dad always told me that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. My 12 yr old son has adhd too. How sad to see she took her own life... She was so young. Goodness...rest in peace Hailey.
blueeyes2000
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Your family is our thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your lost.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't even know what to say to this. I'm in tears with this story. I know growing up is really hard to do. 

Growing up shouldn't be this hard.

virgochild79
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM

That really breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. She is everyone's loss. I cannot believe how bad bullying is. Something really big needs to be done about this!

MotherOF5Cuties
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
OMG i am sorry for your loss. This is sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM
That's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss :(
MamaMoopsie
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I am so sorry! My heart breaks for her and for all of you who loved her.

chloesmommy777
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Heartbroken is not an adequate term for how this makes me feel, I can only imagine what you all are going through. I am so sorry for such a heavy loss! Bullying is so damaging and seems to be worse than ever! Those children who do it mercilessly need to be dealt with! We need a solution for both the bullied and the bullies. Bless your family and you!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Oh, how heartbreaking : ( RIP sweet girl. Hugs and prayers to the family.

2kidsntow
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

OMG! That just breaks my heart. I started to cry. Poor little beautiful girl. I feel so bad. My dd is 8 and I just can not imagine..... I am so sorry for your loss and for her mom and dad. 

I am going to talk to my kids again tonight about it. I already have and will do it again.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)