Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Preeclampsia and a natural childbirth

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

Have any moms out there had a natural childbirth after being hospitalized for preeclampsia/HELP/or toxemia?

I am wondering because I did and it is just now sinking in how incrediably dangerous it was for me and my baby...

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexxie28
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM

BUMP!

lexxie28
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM

BUMP!

lexxie28
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

BUMP!

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced due to pre e in my first pregnancy. Hoping not to this time, trying for an all natural VBAC!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexxie28
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I was so convinced that natural was the only way to go that even when the nurse tearfully pleaded with me to accept a C section and an epidural to save my life and my babies I thought she was just trying to bully me into an "easier birth for them".  All in all I had a six hour labor...

They say that its really rare to get it again so I wish you the best luck on a natural birth. You can do it! :) Did you have an elective C section or was it an emergency one?

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom had toxemia when she was pregnant with me and she had a natural birth. That was 36 yrs ago.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Oh and it also depends on the situation on if a vaginal birth or C section are safer for baby and mom.  There are situations involving those medical conditions that a vaginal birth is better for mom and baby than a C section would be.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Nope, not me. Here's a bump for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I didn't have that. Bump

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I was induced, but I had a vaginal birth. I was monitored, had Pitocin, ended up getting an epidural because of cervical trauma caused by checking me over 40 hours and a foley bulb dilation.

I regret the epidural, because my contractions never were that bad, and I had a HORRIFIC experience.

I don't regret being induced because the other option was maternal/baby death. I am sad that I didn't get my natural birth, especially since we will probably only have one child, but I couldn't help getting preeclampsia.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN