Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: What Would You Do For Internet Fame?

Warning: Graphic Topic! (Video NOT included)

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do for fifteen minutes of Internet fame?
    This past week,15 year old Giovanna Plowman posted a truly disgusting video of                       herself to You Tube, all in the hopes of gaining Internet notoriety.
                 Before you can say feminine hygenie products, the video goes viral
                                               and Giovanna is a YouTube hit.
        I have to wonder if fleeting Internet fame is worth a lifetime of being known as
                   the girl who ate the used tampon or as she is being referred to
                                               on social media,"Tampon Girl".

1. Before today, had you heard about "Tampon Girl"?
  2. Why do you think people are willing to go to extreme lengths to gain internet 'fame' or popularity?
  3.  What is the most extreme thing you or your child have done in the name of popularity?                    

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
justahousewife
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Now I have a mental image I can't get out of my head. I would like my 15 mins to resemble rori raye. She's a relationship coach. I listened to her a got the relationship I wanted. I'm learning the trade of coaching so I can help others.

You can give me coffee, make it Irish. I need to drown that mental image of chewing on... yuck.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof3girls9250
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I don't think I would ever do anything to get internet fame.. I don't see the point really.. I like to stay pretty private myself.. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont blame you for needing something a bit stronger this morning!

Irish Coffee coming right up.

Quoting justahousewife:

Now I have a mental image I can't get out of my head. I would like my 15 mins to resemble rori raye. She's a relationship coach. I listened to her a got the relationship I wanted. I'm learning the trade of coaching so I can help others.

You can give me coffee, make it Irish. I need to drown that mental image of chewing on... yuck.

diaperstodating
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM

No. I should have stayed away from this post, I think I am going to be sick!

Dinimon
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Shes disgusting.
why would you want to be Internet famous?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
isell_avon
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

i heard of it but I haven't watched the video....she's effin crazy tho! 

dudestfd
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM

She didn't eat it, she sucked on a freshly retrieved tampon. 

Quoting zetajen:

she eats a tampon? I am not going to watch that.

Dabberdoo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry I read this.

jackies_jewels
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Wow that is so disgusting! I would never do something like that, and I don't really care about internet fame anyway. That is just ridiculous....hope the poor girl can get a date after this. o.O

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I rarely watch youtube videos. Just not my thing...lol. I heard about this but I think I will pass on watching this! lol

I think it's disturbing someone would want to seek fame that bad.

No extremes here, I have no desire to be famous : ) I was "popular" in high school so I had my brush with fame ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)