Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: What Would You Do For Internet Fame?

Warning: Graphic Topic! (Video NOT included)

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do for fifteen minutes of Internet fame?
    This past week,15 year old Giovanna Plowman posted a truly disgusting video of                       herself to You Tube, all in the hopes of gaining Internet notoriety.
                 Before you can say feminine hygenie products, the video goes viral
                                               and Giovanna is a YouTube hit.
        I have to wonder if fleeting Internet fame is worth a lifetime of being known as
                   the girl who ate the used tampon or as she is being referred to
                                               on social media,"Tampon Girl".

1. Before today, had you heard about "Tampon Girl"?
  2. Why do you think people are willing to go to extreme lengths to gain internet 'fame' or popularity?
  3.  What is the most extreme thing you or your child have done in the name of popularity?                    

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (71-80):
steelcage
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I've heard of her before this post...I'm on Tumblr, they post all the good shit first. I think it's disgusting.

VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I seen that video and OMG it was nasty as can be.

On twitter she thinks she is famous for doing it! 

She is in no way shape or form famous for doing what she did

FrumpyMama
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Nothing stupid that's for sure. If anything I'll just keep blogging and hope maybe that will bring me fame..........someday........oh well..

crazyblondemom
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard about this on the Donkey Show last week on my way to work. OMG it was the most disgusting thing to even hear about on the radio.

People are probably willing to go to such lengths because their home life is boring and they figure if they get famous on the net it might make them feel better.

My children nor I ever do anything extreme on the net nor would we ever. Keep it simple

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I think everyone wants to feel special, like they matter. We see celebrities sporting the most expensive clothing, jewelry, cars, etc while we can barely afford to make ends meet. Who wouldn't want to be in their shoes? As for the Tampon Girl, sounds like she is desperate for some type of attention, good or bad.

noahscott
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM

never heard of her.. i'm not popular. never have been. i don't see myself doing anything really sick for fame either.

Chubsmommy325
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Never heard of her

liliana5
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I could give a f*** about Internet fame. Or fame at all. Period! And this I how my daughter will be raised.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Without watching the video (no desire to increase her infamy whatsoever), my first thought was, "This is a desperate cry for attention," and it makes me sad that she felt compelled to stoop so low to get that need met. I'm guessing sleeping with any warm body just to feel loved will follow, and then a child will enter this world and be parented by a child who is incapable of showing love because she doesn't know what that feels like. I hope I'm wrong, btw!!

razzmotaz
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I had not heard of her until you brought it up. Couldn't resist and had to watch the video on YouTube. I'm laughing, shaking my head in disbelief and disgusted all at the same time.
WOW.....Just WOW!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)