Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hey! I am brand new here to Cafe Mom! My name is Jess I am from Minnesota. I have a tiny little lovely 4 mo old. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home and spend all day with this bundle of love! But I feel like I am going nuts! I get very lonely during the day with out anyone to talk to, and I don't really get to go out much because we just have one car. I was hoping for some advice on how others have met friends. I have been researching online for any mom groups in the area and I have not been able to find any yet. Anyone find good places to find other moms? I live by a park and we walk down there daily but its cold and snowy here so the park is dead. Thanks! Has anyone else been here? I just feel like I need some one to talk to!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:13 AM

i have been a stay-at-home mom now for 3 mos now after working for 11 yrs I too have a 4 mon old. All my friends are still working and its hard to get out when they get off cause my daughter is in school and we have a routine. Its tough. you are busy but you get bored and stir crazy really fast being cooped up in the house. Its tough. And i dont like getting the kiddos out right now with all the sickness goin around. Im ready for warmer weather. Yoga is a great help. When my oldest is at school and my youngest is napping i just sit there and breathe. Or i go out on the porch and sit there and breathe and try to clear my mind. Good luck and i hope you find some mommy friends

marleen08
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Hi I'm Marlene I know exactly how you feel my daughter is 10 months old and my husband works all day so it's pretty much just me nd my baby..... I've been trying to find ways to keep busy nd not feel lonely but honestly I have yet to find a solution.... I hope we can become friends.. Let me know if you find anymore websites for new moms...... :)

jessm84
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Thanks so much! It just feels good to know I'm not the only one! 

lijahlijah
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

jess, my kid is now 12. I recall the best place to meet others in yr situation was the library! Call yr local library and see if they offer reading classes to lil' ones. I met three Mom's there in that group that met twice a week. Clearly, we were all stay at home mom's (why else would we be at the library at 11 a.m twice a week), Most of the Mom's there were first parents, too. We all have since moved to different states, etc., but we still stay in touch!  Really, call some libraries!

momof3girls9250
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes ma'am, I've been in your shoes before. I'm also a stay at home mom who lives in the country in Texas. I don't really have anyone to talk to either & I'm new to cafe mom as well. I've found this website in hoping on meeting new people & new friends. I wish you luck & would enjoy chatting with you sometimes :) 

choco_mom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Check our your parks and rec programs, or the local pool for swim classes.  The library is a great idea.

Can you drive your husband to work once or twice a week so you can have the car to get out?

aprilz1225
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM

we have all been there! SAHM or not.. i hit the YMCA or local gym.. met some other moms and had play dates. you could try maybe calling a local day care or church may have mommy and me classes. the YMCA had mommy and me swim classes.

msmom29
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM
You are not the only one!! LOL wen I had my daughter I went back to work because my ex husband wasn't working. I've worked ever since , but when I got pregnant for my son my DH said he wanted me to be able to stay home with the kids, he makes enough where I'm able to. I love being with my kids for get me wrong but it drives me insane not to work. I feel like I the same thing day in and day out. As far as making new friends, idk we bought a new house 7 months ago and I really haven't met anyone. The moms at my daughters nursery are really nice and always say hi when I see them outside of school but that's about it. Good luck momma!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Welcome Jess!!!!

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Welcome to the group. :) The suggestions that the ladies have are great. Especially about possibly driving your husband in a cpl days a week. I personally like the library and rec program ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)