Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hey! I am brand new here to Cafe Mom! My name is Jess I am from Minnesota. I have a tiny little lovely 4 mo old. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home and spend all day with this bundle of love! But I feel like I am going nuts! I get very lonely during the day with out anyone to talk to, and I don't really get to go out much because we just have one car. I was hoping for some advice on how others have met friends. I have been researching online for any mom groups in the area and I have not been able to find any yet. Anyone find good places to find other moms? I live by a park and we walk down there daily but its cold and snowy here so the park is dead. Thanks! Has anyone else been here? I just feel like I need some one to talk to!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Replies (11-19):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

That's what CafeMom is for lol. Welcome to the group!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Welcome to the group Jess. CafeMom can keep you busy. They have plenty of groups. One for moms with babies too.

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Welcome! I have the same problem. I never see other moms at the park or library by me. It does get lonely. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Too bad we aren't in the same state, or I'd say we should have play dates lol I need mommy friends too

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We can be cafemom friends if you want though :)

blueeyes2000
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Welcome. I'm a SAHM of a three year old. When he was seven months old we moved from WI near family to a very remote area of ND with no family around. I understand feeling lonely. My hubby works during the day and has overtime every day. So I'm home with our son from 6am until 8pm or later five days a wk. I don't have mom groups or anything around where I live. If you are able to find some mom groups try them. Try getting out of the house. Hope you find something that will work for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Welcome to the group!
jessm84
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Thank you all for the kind words! It is great to know that I am not alone! I think the winter months just get long, I look forward to getting out more once it warms up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)