Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dd's iron

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

Iron animia runs big in all the girls and women in my family.  I am trying to let or hope it doesn't happen to my babygirl.  She will be 11 months in a few day and I thought she was getting enough iron and formula, but my sister and her friend had told me they think my DD isn't getting enough.  My daughter gets a multi-vitamin (enfamil poly vi sol) which has 10mg (about 67% DV) of iron in it for infants.  My baby also gets 18 oz worth of formula though out the day.  She gets a mix of infant and toddler formulas.  Infant formula has 1.8mg of iron per 5 oz of formula and ther toddler formula has 2mg per 5 oz.  DD gets about 9 oz of the infant formula and 9 oz of toddler formula.  Plus she gets spoon feed too.  

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Hope all is ok for her....you could always check with the drs. to maybe test her...

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I would check with her doctor. If she gets too much iron it can cause other problems.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I wouldn't add iron unless your doctor says she's anemic. Too much iron can cause problems. I am always anemic but I always have bloodwork done before adjusting iron intake.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I would check with her doctor. If she gets too much iron it can cause other problems.

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Hope
She's doing ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Have you talked to her pedi?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trinitysmama33
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM

yeah she's doing fine and thing is good...just im just worring for nothing

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Unless her pedi is concerned I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyKir
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM

What me and my children do is raisins and orange juice. the orange juice(vitamin c) helps your body absorb the iron better. At least thats what my doc told me when i found I was anemic with an iron deficiency. We also eat alot of fish high in iron and I personally take an iron pill everyday. the kids a multi-vitamin. Talk ot your doc first. and if she can chew well enough give her raisins to snack on and some juice.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Yeah, this. 

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)