Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you think bugs like flies and spiders feel pain when we kill them?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When you kill a bug, do you think it feels pain?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I smushed a spider today, and my son asked me if it hurt on the spider! What do you think? Does it hurt on the fly we swat or the spider we squish?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

some bugs we have to kill, thats how nature works...

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Ive thought about it.. I dont like killing them, but I will if needed. And as quick as possible.

Yesterday there was some type of small bug on a wall, dd ask if I was going to smack it lol.. I was like no, its not doing anything wrong..

I think it is monks? Who wont cut their grass or something but do it by hand because they do not want to bring harm to any living creature. So they dont want to hack any bugs! ??

mjackson77
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yes, I'm sure they do.

sweetmomma326
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I want to know why bugs can't scream like we do.  When we feel pain, we usually let out a noise.  Why can't bugs let us know, "Hey this shit hurts", or "Leave me alone bitch"....just a thought.

kristinen
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Or fishes:) I wonder how many people would go fishing if the fish sounded like at cat

Quoting sweetmomma326:

I want to know why bugs can't scream like we do.  When we feel pain, we usually let out a noise.  Why can't bugs let us know, "Hey this shit hurts", or "Leave me alone bitch"....just a thought.

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:31 PM

big smile mini

Quoting kristinen:

Or fishes:) I wonder how many people would go fishing if the fish sounded like at cat

Quoting sweetmomma326:

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM
:-)

Quoting sweetmomma326:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM

How do you handle creepy crawlies?

Quoting delanna6two:

I don't know...good question...

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

We kill them...but I just never really thought about the pain factor until now...

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting delanna6two:

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Yeah, it makes you think twice about killing them actually. At least I always whap them several times with thw fly swatter to be sure they die at once:) How many times do you smack them, haha?

Quoting delanna6two:

We kill them...but I just never really thought about the pain factor until now...

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting delanna6two:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM

lol...as many times as it takes for us also:)

Quoting jenna30:

Yeah, it makes you think twice about killing them actually. At least I always whap them several times with thw fly swatter to be sure they die at once:) How many times do you smack them, haha?

Quoting delanna6two:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting delanna6two:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)