Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just curious how many parents out there have ever experienced living somewhere haunted? I have only experienced something paranormal once.

I would like to hear your stories

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jessica0930
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well since I didnt mention my experience in the main post I will put it here. I am originally form Seattle Washington. So we have family and friends that still live there. A few years back I went to seattle for a few weeks. (it was actually everette washington not downtown seattle) I was staying with a family friend. She is practically my aunt. My parents have known her since they were all 18 years old. Anyways, they had just moved into a rented house I was there when they packed and moved over. One of the evenings me and my aunt went furniture shopping so we picked out the furniture and left and a few days later brought it to the house. it was untouched. Plastic still on it and everything. That night after the plastic was off the furniture, everyone was in bed but my aunt and i. I went to the kitchen and was getting ice cream and when I was turning around to get into a cupboard I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was my aunt kim. So I said her name walked over to the living room and peaked around the corner and no one was there. It looked like a small figure in a dress with a jacket over it and they were lifting their arm to wave or bring their jacket back over there shoulder. when I was turning around to go back into the kitchen there was a very defined kid hand print (it wasnt there before) smaller then my hands. I am a small person. I was 18 at the time. there have been and were no kids in the house at all. my aunts kids are all our age but they werent there that day and the other people living there were older as well with kids married and out of the house. So at that time I freaked out started screaming for my aunt and she comes hauling butt out of her room and I told her what just happened. So she turned off all the lights but one and we sat on the couch and she started talking to the kid or whoever was there. well it appeared. We couldn't see it but we could feel it. There was an ice cold short figure that went back and forth between my aunt and I. the kid would sit on my aunts lap then would come and stand in front of me. I was scared to death and I dont think it was evil and it sensed my fear so i believe it kinda kept its distance. At one point he or she touched my knee. then would go back and sit on my aunts lap. My aunt asked the child if it was an adult to leave the room. it didnt leave. So she asked if it was a child to leave the room and it did. Then she asked it to come back and it did. after associating with him or her for a while it stopped. I didnt believe in that kind of stuff till that night but now I believe there is something that we cant see all the time but can feel or hear that has passed away. I also believe that there are demonic creatures roaming around from those who do bad things in homes. My parents have told me every time we move to pray in every corner of the house for the Lord to protect our family and our home. I have never had a problem at any place we have been at. Thank goodness. That kind of stuff does freak me out haha. whether its good or evil. So that is my story. I would like to hear more stories!

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Okay, since a few people asked lol. I guess I'll tell you guys. I'm not making it up at all, but I totally understand if no one believes me! It's crazy.

So, at the time my mom was living with my family and me. We moved into a 3 bedroom apartment big enough for the 5 of us, husband, me, my mom, our 15 month old, and newborn daughter. My daughter had her own room for the time being since the baby was in with my husband and I. Every night just about, she would wake up SCREAMING and just stare at one wall in her room like she saw the worst thing one can imagine. We'd calm her down, she'd go back to sleep.

Things always happened to me, hurt me, things would move, shower would go from scalding hot to freezing cold, only for me, no one else. We saw things move, heard things move, you name it. At the time though, we never really said anything to one another about it because it was just too weird.

There was a lot of tension and fighting between the adults, both girls were fussy and cranky.

After living there like this for about 2 months, if even that long, we had a fire. The kids and I were sleeping, my mom was in the bathroom getting ready for work, husband and his cousin were working on our car outside when they smelled smoke. Hubby comes running inside waking us all up, screaming to get out. By that point, the apartment was full of smoke---no alarms going off. Full of smoke to the point you can't see 2 feet in front of you.

He grabbed our newborn who was sleeping in her playpen in the living room.  I went to get our older who was in her room. I almost died holding her in her bed. We were trapped for a while.

Firetrucks, ambulances come, you name it. Hectic craziness. I go back inside afterwards, against what they told me to do.. they didn't recommend it, but my cats were in there,  I had to. They actually passed away holding one another on our couch.

Where did the fire start? The wall my daughter stared at every night. It originated somewhere between the downstairs apartment and ours. That wall. 

I know this seems crazy or silly, but it was truly scary in that place. I honestly believe that it was the "good" forces driving out the "bad" in the house and away from my family. I believe it this way because I feel if it was that bad trying to drive us away, it would stop at nothing to get us.

I haven't had uneasy feelings anywhere we've lived or stayed since moving. This was around 2 years ago. We are happy, healthy, and have moved on from this.

Quoting Jessica0930:

I am interested in hearing your experience. :) I have heard alot of experiences and they are all crazy. A girl I know on facebook brought up that something was haunted in her place and she posted a picture. Creepiest thing ever there was a white figure looking thing in the background. I will write my story too.

Quoting AmyL3469:

Yep and my story didn't end well AT ALL. It was a demonic presence in the house. I hate talking about it because people think I'm a freakin' whack job.

Jessica0930
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I 100% believe you. I dont really think that is something you can just make up. I am sorry you had to live through all of that. The Lord was protecting you tho. I believe in good realms and bad. and people who do weird satonic things bring in the bad. I honestly believe that. It would have taken me a long time to get over that fear.

Quoting AmyL3469:

Okay, since a few people asked lol. I guess I'll tell you guys. I'm not making it up at all, but I totally understand if no one believes me! It's crazy.

So, at the time my mom was living with my family and me. We moved into a 3 bedroom apartment big enough for the 5 of us, husband, me, my mom, our 15 month old, and newborn daughter. My daughter had her own room for the time being since the baby was in with my husband and I. Every night just about, she would wake up SCREAMING and just stare at one wall in her room like she saw the worst thing one can imagine. We'd calm her down, she'd go back to sleep.

Things always happened to me, hurt me, things would move, shower would go from scalding hot to freezing cold, only for me, no one else. We saw things move, heard things move, you name it. At the time though, we never really said anything to one another about it because it was just too weird.

There was a lot of tension and fighting between the adults, both girls were fussy and cranky.

After living there like this for about 2 months, if even that long, we had a fire. The kids and I were sleeping, my mom was in the bathroom getting ready for work, husband and his cousin were working on our car outside when they smelled smoke. Hubby comes running inside waking us all up, screaming to get out. By that point, the apartment was full of smoke---no alarms going off. Full of smoke to the point you can't see 2 feet in front of you.

He grabbed our newborn who was sleeping in her playpen in the living room.  I went to get our older who was in her room. I almost died holding her in her bed. We were trapped for a while.

Firetrucks, ambulances come, you name it. Hectic craziness. I go back inside afterwards, against what they told me to do.. they didn't recommend it, but my cats were in there,  I had to. They actually passed away holding one another on our couch.

Where did the fire start? The wall my daughter stared at every night. It originated somewhere between the downstairs apartment and ours. That wall. 

I know this seems crazy or silly, but it was truly scary in that place. I honestly believe that it was the "good" forces driving out the "bad" in the house and away from my family. I believe it this way because I feel if it was that bad trying to drive us away, it would stop at nothing to get us.

I haven't had uneasy feelings anywhere we've lived or stayed since moving. This was around 2 years ago. We are happy, healthy, and have moved on from this.

Quoting Jessica0930:

I am interested in hearing your experience. :) I have heard alot of experiences and they are all crazy. A girl I know on facebook brought up that something was haunted in her place and she posted a picture. Creepiest thing ever there was a white figure looking thing in the background. I will write my story too.

Quoting AmyL3469:

Yep and my story didn't end well AT ALL. It was a demonic presence in the house. I hate talking about it because people think I'm a freakin' whack job.

ermka
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
There was a little boy at our previous apartment, Ds could see & talk to him, but he didn't follow us here. Sometimes I think that the woman that lived here (and died here) before us is still hanging out. But we have an agreement, if she doesn't bother us, we won't bother her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I still think about it every day. I have PTSD and panic attacks from the fire. My husband and my mom I'm sure feel the same. My oldest daughter is deathly afraid of sirens and firetrucks and doesn't understand why. She was only 17-18 months when it happened. My youngest was 3 months old and now has sensory issues and a lot of things going on from all the commotion and everything. I found that amazing that they were able to basically pinpoint what may have caused her problems. Someone was definitely watching over us that day, that is for darn sure. I miss my fur babies every day. They will be the only names I ever have tattooed on me forever.

Quoting Jessica0930:

I 100% believe you. I dont really think that is something you can just make up. I am sorry you had to live through all of that. The Lord was protecting you tho. I believe in good realms and bad. and people who do weird satonic things bring in the bad. I honestly believe that. It would have taken me a long time to get over that fear.

Quoting AmyL3469:

Quoting Jessica0930:

Quoting AmyL3469:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM
No
klbetts
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:02 PM
The house I live in currently is haunted. I believe it is actually 3 different people who died in this house. They started out just moving things around. But then they would wake my youngest son up multiple times at night. The room he has has always had girls in it. But my two girls wouldn't fit in his room. So I said one night after being up for like the 5th time " you can mess with me all you want but leave my kids alone. If you don't want to do this I will make you leave permanently!" I have only had a few issues since and even then I just remind them that I am not leaving but I can make them leave!
Ginnygurl97
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM
The house I grew up in was definitely haunted. It was an old 1870s Victorian mansion in central Pennsylvania. It was a college town so many of these types of homes had been turned into apartments. Same w ours. My parents took on an amazing restoration project. It was amazing when finished, but the entire time through the renovations many weird and strange things happened. And some of the things that were found in walls, under floor boards, in a step on the servant staircase. I was too young to remember all of it as they started when I was 4, and it wasn't fully completed til I was 10. But I do remember damn near everything of the last 3 yrs of it. But too, it's what I grew up w, so it was my normal.
leogirl79
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes..when I was a child from the age of 6 there was a house right across the road from us that use to be a duplex but was turned into a 1 family home & was haunted by a little boy..usually only kids who lived there would see him but adults could hear him.They would say they could hear a ball bouncing against the wall in the hallway upstairs & things would move,items would even disapear & then day later reapear & kids would say they see a boy on the staircase...well anayway  My parents divorced when I was 7 and then when I was 12 my Dad moved into that haunted house right across the street from my Mom, That is when I actually Seen the little boy myself!!

One evening I was in the bedroom watching tv and I looked out my door  & seen a boy looking through the bars of the railing on the staircase, at first I thought it was my little half-brother so I said "Justin go to bed" th boy didn't move or respond so I decided to get outa my bed & go make sure he went back to bed..but when I went out my door I nolonger seen the boy & I checked my brothers room & he was clearly sound asleep, I suddenly heard what to me sounded like a ball bouncing down the stairs, I went to the top of the staircase & looked & Nothing was there but it was ice cold..it creeped me out!! We did research on the house & found out that way back when the place was a duplex there was a young family who lived in the upstairs appartment whose young boy died from head trauma after falling down the flieght of stairs...THAT freaked us all out! it validated our experiences!!  My Dad ended up moving shortly after I moved in with him (my other brothers still lived across the street with my mom) and the next people who moved there had said they'd hear things when their own kids weren't even home! & once their kids were looking for a football of theirs that couldn'tbe found anywhere to play ball with my brothers, 1 of my brothers said give me a minute & he went upstairs to one of the bedrooms..my mom followed him & he started talking to someone yet there was noone in the room he said "please give us the ball back we need it you can play with something else for awhile" & a couple minutes later my bro came outa the room holding the football in his hand..my mom said the hairs stood up on her neck & she told her friend who was living in that home at the time that it was freaky bcuz she looked in the room & there was no football anywhere & noone was in the room with my bro yet he was talking to "someone"!  Anyway  years later a young family purchased the home, one of my brothers are friends with them & they had done many renevations to the home...before the remodel people have only ever seen the boy in the upstairs of the house but the family who bought it remodeled it so the staircase to go upstairs went up from the living room instead of by the diningroom&front porch like it use to & they also remodeled 2 bedrooms & moved the bathroom in the home Now people occasionally see the little boy throughout the home...one person who has seen the boy after the renovations said the boy looks as if he is lost :-(

Well that's my story believe it or not but it happened...I seen the boy with my own eyes!!

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:34 AM

No not mine but my aunt had one scary ass house...lights and tv's turned on...things would fall down off the fridge, knocking hard on the door and nobody would be there all kinds of mess would happen...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN